The virtual battlefield of Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone underwent significant changes today as Infinity Ward rolled out a comprehensive update that affects both gameplay and ranked play and resolves a series of bugs that players have faced in recent weeks.
Players of Modern Warfare 2 will notice a significant change in the damage and range of the Underbarrel Dragon’s Breath Shotgun attachment. To balance gameplay, developers have reduced their power.
Further extending their commitment to maintaining fair play, developers have added the Corvus Torch Underbarrel attachment to the list of restricted items in MWII Ranked Play. Meanwhile, in Warzone, two weapons have been put on the restricted list: the X13 Auto and the Basilisk. This step is part of a broader initiative to ensure competitive and fair matches in Warzone’s Ranked Play.
Below you can find the full changelog.
Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone July 19 Patch Notes
- Reduced the damage and range of the Underbarrel Dragon’s Breath Shotgun attachment
MWII RANKED PLAY RESTRICTIONS
- Corvus Torch Underbarrel
- Fixed an issue with Perk Packages being reset that prevented some Players from logging in.
- Fixed an issue where War Tracks preview audio would overlap when previewed in another vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where Players were unable to back out of Private Match Matchmaking before servers are available.
- Fixed an issue where Profile Account Level could display incorrectly on a fresh launch.
- Fixed an issue causing the Party Browser to not update when Party data changed.
- Fixed an issue where many attachments lacked the option to choose a skin.
- Fixed an issue where Players could receive an incorrect weapon as a reward in the Atomgrad Raid Episode 04.
- Fixed an issue where items in Reactive Pack: Soulless were not displaying as Reactive.
WARZONE RANKED PLAY RESTRICTIONS
- X13 Auto
Reminder: Warzone Ranked Play competitive settings are a multi-team effort to deliver competitive and fair matches. Restrictions are updated based on data and feedback, and restricted items may return after undergoing balance changes or fixes.
- Reduced the frequency of Temp V drops in all modes
- Fixed an issue causing Armor Plates to lose functionality in Private Match.
- Fixed several collision issues across Vondel allowing Players to exploit, peek, or shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to not connect to a match when using the Look For Party feature.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to be executed by the Jailer after being Released From Gulag.
- Fixed an issue causing some Operators arms to pose incorrectly in Warzone Private Match Lobbies.
- Fixed an exploit where the Player was able to have infinite Electric Shockwave in DMZ.
- Fixed an issue causing the UI to display an Active Superpower Warning at all times.
- Fixed an issue where Armor Plates would occasionally lose functionality in a Private Battle Royale Match.
- Fixed an issue where using Temp V and highlighting other equipment did not show a powers replacement warning.
- Fixed an issue where Players’ Stash items could be incorrectly revoked in DMZ.