Larian Studios continues its commitment to refining the Baldur’s Gate 3 experience with the release of the August 16 update, named Hotfix 4. Without further ado, you can find the patch notes below.
Baldur’s Gate Hotfix #4 Patch Notes
Thanks to all of you, we had an even better second weekend on Steam than our first, taking us to over 850,000 concurrent players on Sunday. We can’t quite believe it, but we’re firmly in the top 10 most played games of all time on Steam now, and we’re immensely grateful.
All that said, Hotfix #4 is here and it’s taking aim at several crashes, bugs, flow issues, and companions who keep trying to sleep in, all detailed below. Beware of spoilers!
As Swen mentioned on Twitter, up next on our roadmap is Patch 1 – a larger update of over 1000 fixes and tweaks, followed by Patch 2, which will incorporate some of the biggest requests we’ve received from the community since launch.
Please reach out to our support team with further issues. We’re busy working away on further patches and hotfixes, and your reports make the world of difference. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3.
CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
- Fixed players getting stuck mid-Long-Rest due to companions not waking up.
- Fixed being able to Long Rest in the Astral Prism, potentially causing the portal to disappear.
- Fixed Orin getting pulled from her location in the Temple of Bhaal if the door was opened before killing Gortash in Wyrm’s Crossing.
- Fixed a script issue preventing some players from loading savegames.
- Fixed characters disappearing when disconnecting and reconnecting in split-screen.
- Added a warning for hosts in multiplayer when clients join through drop-in during Character Creation. Hosts must now grant approval before new players join.
- Fixed the visibility of multiplayer servers on GOG.
- Slightly increased Isobel’s HP so she doesn’t die as easily.
- Fixed a bug that would make Gortash join the combat taking place in Wyrm’s Rock’s Audience Hall while he was in his office upstairs.
- Fixed Cruel Sting adding infinite additional Psychic damage to attacks.
FLOW AND SCRIPTING
- Fixed the ‘Enemy of the Absolute’ crime not clearing from player characters, resulting in a soft block when speaking to the Steel Watch.
- Fixed the game thinking the Emperor had died in the Astral Prism when you healed a downed ally.
- Player resources are now correctly restored at the end of Act II.
- Having dead party members no longer prevents you from entering the Astral Prism.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from talking to Ravengard if he gets moved to the camp in a certain case.
- Hostages in the Iron Throne will no longer be stuck if you turn back and return again.
- Players with modded or cheated savegames with characters at Level 13 or above can now travel to the House of Hope.
- Killing Anders will no longer make the other paladins leave the Tollhouse.