Ironmace, the developers of Dark and Darker, have announced the details for the hotfix #6 update, scheduled to begin on August 22, 2023, at 7:30 PM. This critical update brings significant changes and improvements that players need to be aware of.
The update process will start promptly, and during this time, players will be unable to log in to the game, and in-game players will be restricted from entering the matchmaking pool. Players already in a match will have 30 minutes to complete and exit safely. The servers are expected to return to full service two hours after the start of the patch.
The first Early Access Wipe will be held next Monday. All character levels, items, gold, and skills will be reset. Bluestone Shards will never be reset. Triumph Levels will not be reset this time and will only be reset at the start of the official seasons. A new Early Access leaderboard will start shortly after the wipe, once things have stabilized.
Dark and Darker Hotfix #6 Patch Notes
Here’s a comprehensive list of the changes coming with hotfix #6:
- An additional character slot for creating at least one of each class.
- Refund of currency used to unlock classes.
- Slight increase in game time for the Normal Inferno map.
- Increased game time for all High Roller maps.
- An additional blue portal and modified Death Swarm closing times for Goblin Cave maps.
- Shrine of Protection’s buff reduced from 30% to 15%.
- Pots and Crates now grant a small amount of EXP.
- QoL update: Silver coins stack to 30 instead of 25 per slot.
- Modified Armor Rating curve and flattened at the high range.
- Physical Damage Reduction capped at 85%.
- Rogue’s abilities modified, including double jump and Weakpoint Attack changes.
- Rogue can no longer equip the Hand Crossbow.
- Fighter’s abilities modified, including Taunt and Barricade.
- Ranger’s Penetrating Shot grants more Armor Penetration, with a fixed description error.
- Bard’s Din of Darkness’s attribute damage ratio reduced.
- Changes to weapon attributes including Explosive Bottle, Oil Lantern, Flanged Mace, and more.
- Instruments are now bard-only.
- Significant reduction in ‘Physical Damage Reduction’ values on items.
- Adjustments to specific weapon damage and armor penetration.