Bohemia Interactive has just rolled out its latest update for DayZ, and fans of the game are in for a treat. Titled as “Experimental 1.22 Update 3 – Version 1.22.156540“, this patch brings several additions, fixes, and modifications.
PC Experimental 1.22 Update 3 – Version 1.22.156540 (Released on 17.08.2023)
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- DLC section in the main menu
- Some ambient sounds were missing in the amusement parks (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T169241)
- It was possible to skip the staggering animation triggered by a heavy attack (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T173573 – private)
- Unconscious players did not receive falling damage
- Crafted baseball bats did not have knockback
- When joining the game without a microphone plugged in, it was not possible hear other players’ voice chat
- When joining the game without a microphone plugged in, proximity chat messages were not received
- Changing voice level would not function as intended if no microphone was enabled/connected
- It was not possible to arm improvised explosives on the first attempt (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T166879)
- Infected can spawn with head torches again
- Experimental: It was possible to escape from the melee arena map
- Reduced the amount of shock damage dealt by hands.
- Reduced the chance for infected to cause bleeding wounds
- All heavy attacks across the board now cause knockback
- Changed: Reverted a change to HumanInputController::CameraIsFreeLook to assure modding compatibility (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T174454)
- Watchtower’s roof widget blocks other wall widgets – will be fixed in the following update 1.23
- Vehicles will keep driving after the driver is killed – will be fixed in the following update 1.23