In the vast world of Pokémon GO, where adventures await around every corner, players often stumble upon glitches that add unexpected twists to the game. One such glitch, dubbed the “landscape mode” glitch, stands out from the rest, leaving players wondering if it’s more of a missing feature than a bug.
Pokémon GO is no stranger to a plethora of bugs and oddities. Among them, the landscape mode glitch allows players to explore the game with their device held horizontally, providing a new perspective on the Pokémon universe. This intriguing glitch has captured the fascination of fans, leading some to experiment and replicate it in their own games. Others have turned to social media to share their thoughts on this unexpected “feature.”
For instance, a Twitter post by MYSTIC7 showcases a short video of the game in landscape mode, asking fellow players, “Pokémon GO in landscape mode. Do you think this should be a feature?”.
Pokémon GO in landscape mode
Do you think this should be a feature?🤔 pic.twitter.com/FeUFACWlWl
— MYSTIC7 (@MYSTIC7) August 20, 2023
The landscape mode glitch enhances the gaming experience by expanding the view of the GPS map. Instead of the conventional vertical perspective, the horizontal view allows players to easily spot wild Pokémon, PokéStops, and Gyms.
However, it’s not all sunshine and roses. The glitch’s downside comes into play when catching Pokémon. The horizontal orientation leaves a much smaller area on the screen for throwing PokéBalls, making the process slightly more challenging.
How to Experience Landscape Mode Yourself
For those curious enough to delve into this accidental feature, here’s how to force the game to play in landscape mode:
- Hold the Phone Horizontally: Before starting, make sure you’re holding your phone this way.
- Access Settings: From the main map screen, tap the menu icon to open options, and then tap on the Settings button.
- Select “Report High-Priority Issue:“ It will prompt you to exit the game but don’t worry, you won’t actually be reporting anything. Confirm by hitting yes.
- Return to Home Screen: Pokémon GO will open a browser to load a reporting page. Quickly tap the home screen without letting it load. Continue holding the phone horizontally.
- Reopen Pokémon GO App: The page will stop loading, returning you to the setting menu in landscape view.
Is this landscape mode glitch a mere anomaly, or could it be a glimpse into the future of Pokémon GO? Only time will tell, but for now, players can enjoy this unique perspective and decide for themselves whether it should indeed be a permanent feature.