War Thunder, the popular vehicular combat multiplayer game, received a new server update on August 8, enhancing gameplay and introducing new features.
War Thunder August 8 Server Update Changelog
- Attempts to attack allied ground vehicles from aircraft in ground AB now scores in the automatic punishment program to determine whether a player should be banned or kicked from session. At the same time, damage to allies is still not applied. Similar mechanics have been working in aircraft AB for a lengthy period.
- Private messages after a battle ends now contain detailed reward information for hits to allies, and bonus rewards for results of the mission.
- When activating a tradable coupon for a vehicle, the player now receives backups for it along with the vehicle. The number of backups depends on the rank of the vehicle.
- Data cards on Market vehicles now contain their status (Premium or event vehicles), their ranks, as well as the number of gift backups for activating the coupon. Vehicle status and its rank now can be used as keywords to search for vehicles in the search menu.
- The French navy is now available for research for all players.
- The Dupleix heavy cruiser (pack) has been added to the French bluewater fleet tech tree.
- CV 90105, CT-CV 105HP — ATGM Falaric 105 have been added to ammunition
- Saetta P-494 — a bug has been fixed which prevented the “Blue” camo from being applied.