It’s been nearly three tumultuous years since Cyberpunk 2077 made its much-anticipated debut, only met with widespread player disappointment due to myriad technical and gameplay issues. Yet, the commitment from CD Projekt RED to right its past mistakes and elevate the game to its initially envisioned grandeur remains unwavering.
The forthcoming Update 2.0 is scheduled to go live on September 21 for the PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.
⚠️ THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR ⚠️
— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) September 14, 2023
During a recent Night City Wire stream, CD Projekt RED shed light on the extensive changes awaiting players. For those who missed the stream or need a refresher, here’s a rundown:
Skill Trees and Perks Overhaul
- The revamped system aims to give players more flexibility and depth in customizing their in-game characters.
Cyberware Capacity Expansion
- Enhanced cyberware features are expected to provide a richer augmentation experience.
Loot and Crafting Revamp
- Players can look forward to a more intuitive and rewarding loot collection and crafting journey.
Improved Wanted System and Police Chases
- An essential criticism at launch was the lackluster police system, which is now poised for a significant transformation.
Vehicular Combat Enhancements
- Taking combats on wheels is expected to be more immersive and challenging.
Upgraded Combat AI
- Engaging with enemies should feel more dynamic and unpredictable with AI improvements.
Beyond the base game’s extensive overhaul, fans have another reason to mark their calendars. “Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty” is slated for a September 26 release on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. Early glimpses can be had through its recently released cinematic trailer.