In a recent development catching the attention of the Pokémon GO community, a player encountered a frustrating situation with Niantic’s support team. This story first appeared on the official TSR Reddit, where a thread detailed the player’s experience. The player, known as u/STSerpentlord123, claimed to have lost 50 Max Potions due to a game issue.
If you’re not familiar, Max Potions are essential items in Pokémon GO, capable of reviving and fully healing a fainted Pokémon. To get your hands on Max Potions, you must first reach Trainer Level 30 or higher. Once you’ve met that requirement, Max Potions can be acquired in several ways:
- Spinning PokéStops and Gyms (with a higher chance at Gyms)
- Opening gifts from friends
- Completing certain Field Research Tasks
- Defeating Team Go Rocket Leaders
- Purchasing from the Shop
The player decided to contact Niantic and provided video evidence of the bug. Here’s a summarized version of the conversation:
- Player: Submits evidence of a bug.
- Niantic: Recommends updating the game.
- Player: Confirms the game is up to date and demands the lost items back.
- Niantic: Denies it’s a bug and refuses to return the items.
- Player: Points out they have video evidence.
- Niantic: Finally acknowledges the bug.
- Player: Reiterates the request for the lost items.
- Niantic: Declines, stating the player currently has more Max Potions than when the bug happened and suggests updating the game.
What’s unsettling about this whole ordeal is Niantic’s stance. Despite the player having earned more Max Potions through gameplay, Niantic used this as an excuse not to give back the lost items, even after admitting the issue exists and the player having video proof.
Have you ever reached out to Niantic’s support and encountered a similar roadblock? We’re keen to hear your experiences, so feel free to share your story in the comments below.
The question remains, what kind of a bug loses you 50 items in Pokémon GO? Keep an eye out for updates, as the video evidence has yet to be released.