Valorant continues to evolve its gameplay mechanics with the recent Patch 7.05. This update primarily focuses on balancing Astra’s abilities and adding a new map to the competitive rotation.
Astra’s Astral Form has always been a point of debate among Valorant players. Her inability to remain aware of her immediate surroundings while in this state often leaves her vulnerable. However, Riot Games has listened to community feedback.
In this update, Astra can now hear all the activities happening around her body while she’s in Astral Form. This tweak aims to provide Astra players with increased agency and situational awareness.
Sunset is now officially part of the competitive map pool. Players can now experience this map alongside Breeze, Ascent, Haven, Bind, Split, and Lotus in Competitive mode. The addition is expected to refresh the current map dynamics and provide new tactical opportunities. Below, you can find the complete patch notes.
Going in and out of Astral form is a complex mechanical task that leaves Astra vulnerable to attackers by denying her information about her surroundings. The change we’ve made to her Astral Form (X) gives Astra back some agency and information, allowing you to react to enemy footsteps and utility you may have missed while in Astral Form.
- Sunset will now be in the map rotation for Competitive mode.
- Competitive map rotation includes: Sunset, Breeze, Ascent, Haven, Bind, Split, and Lotus
- Fixed a bug where the SFX volume would default back to 100% volume when Alt-Tab-ing out of game.
- Fixed a bug where there was a small audio deadzone in Astra’s Cosmic Divide (X).
- Fixed a bug where Deadlock’s Sonic Sensor (Q) would trigger when Gekko’s Wingman (Q) walks near it.
- Fixed a bug where other Agents were not animating when they moved through Omen’s Dark Cover (E) ability.
- Fixed a bug where Cypher’s Trapwire (C) would sometimes fail to activate when placed on stairs.
- Fixed an issue where people who were chat restricted by Real-Time Interventions were also disconnected from the text chat instead of just muted from text chat.
- Fixed an issue where there was no warning message when you had a conflicting keybind for team or party voice chat.
- Fixed an issue where switching between Unrated and Competitive queues would cause the restriction timer for the queue delay to replace the ranked restriction timer.
- Fixed an issue where creating an Agent Profile reverted Push-to-Talk keybinds back to their defaults.