The latest update for CS 2, dated October 2, 2023, brings several important fixes and improvements. From addressing movement on muddy terrains to sorting out graphics hitches and animations, Valve seems to be stepping up slowly.
One of the standout changes in this update is removing the movement penalty when walking or running over mud surfaces. Players can now traverse these areas without any speed reduction, allowing quicker movement and potentially more dynamic gameplay.
The developers have fixed a bug related to shader compilation for those experiencing annoying hitches after connecting to a server. However, it’s worth noting that these hitches might still occur if you’re using an AMD GPU. Valve is actively working with AMD to resolve this issue soon. Below, you can find the complete patch notes.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Removed movement penalty on mud surfaces
[ GRAPHICS ]
- Fixed a bug with shader compilation when connecting to a server that was causing hitches after connecting. Note that these hitches may still exist on AMD GPUs; we are working with AMD to address this
[ ANIMATION ]
- Fixed a bug where knife slashing couldn’t be interrupted with an inspect
[ MISC ]
- Various bug fixes and tweaks to weapon finishes and gloves
- Fixed a case where molotov/incendiary grenades would create a fire ring in the air
- Improved performance of molotov/incendiary fire extinguishing
- Various improvements to weapon dropping and throwing
- Various crash fixes