Sony has released fresh information about the launch day update for the recently released Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, along with a new trailer summarizing the game’s story up to this point. This new game, available only on PS5, is the latest installment in the Spider-Man series developed by Insomniac Games, following the 2018 Spider-Man game and the 2020 Spider-Man: Miles Morales spin-off.
The new game features both Peter Parker and Miles Morales in central roles. Players can switch between the two Spider-Men to take on a range of bad guys, including Venom, Lizard, and Kraven the Hunter.
For those who opt for a physical copy of Spider-Man 2, Insomniac recommends downloading the launch day update for an improved experience. Although the game can be played straight from the disc without any online requirements or additional patches, the Version 1.001.002 update brings several improvements. The studio says the update enhances the game’s opening sections and includes various modifications and other Accessibility Options.
Spider-Man 2 Patch 1.001.002 – Day 1 Patch Notes
- Vibration Setting: Switch between Experiential, Functional, or None
- Auto Heal: When enabled, if a full Focus Bar is available, use it to automatically heal when under the specified amount of health
- Controller Speaker Mode: Switch between Experiential, Functional, or Off
- High Contrast Perfect Dodge: Apply a high contrast color to the Perfect Dodge effect to improve visual clarity
General Fixes & Polis
- Improved the visual fidelity of the opening gameplay sequence
- Addressed an issue where the player’s progression could become blocked during the Suit Tutorial
- General polish updates
- Improved performance and stability
- Various additional fixes and improvements
In addition to these new features, the update also brings general fixes and polish. These include better visual fidelity in the opening sequence, fixes for issues that could block player progression during the Suit Tutorial, and various performance and stability improvements.
Insomniac has also stated that they are currently developing a New Game Plus mode and a mission replay feature, which are slated to be added in a future update later this year.