Apex Legends has something special planned this Halloween. Respawn Entertainment has revealed that its free battle royale game will host Fight or Fright’s “Collection Event” from October 15 to November 5 to celebrate the frightening festive season.
The news was officially announced on the Apex Legends website after rumors of a Halloween event surfaced last week. The event will bring a new fashion set to the original game map in King’s Canyon, limited-time challenges, Halloween-themed cosmetics and much more.
Apex Legends Fight or Fright
- Limited Time Mode – Shadowfall. Featuring a nighttime version of Kings Canyon
- Exclusive event challenges with free earnable cosmetics, including Two Legendary Weapon Skins
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetics that players can now unlock in one of three ways: Direct purchase for Apex Coins, Direct unlock with Crafting Metals, Random unlock with Event Apex Packs. Additionally, the Event Currency in these packs has been replaced with non-event loot drops, yielding more loot overall
- Lifeline Heirloom Set Preview. Unlock all 24 Fight or Fright pack cosmetics during the event and unlock the Lifeline Heirloom set for free
- Double XP for Top 5 & Wins Weekend
- Event challenge badges, cosmetics and music pack – Event Exclusive
- 24 Fight or Fright cosmetics – Event Limited
- Lifeline Heirloom Set – Available for direct unlock during the event preview. Available via Apex Packs after the event ends
The most interesting part, though, is the new Fight or Fright mode that is Shadowfall. The Mode will set 35 Solo Champions to fight in the battle royale style. The problem is that after you die, you will be resurrected as a dead version and left behind as the rest of the players as part of the “Shadow Squad.”
Shadow Squad members do not have access to the typical arsenal of weapons or powers of their Legends but will be faster in their actions and have some incredibly devastating melee attacks. Along with these, of course, the ability to respawn when they want. In addition to Fight or Fright, Respawn will also bring some limited cosmetics that can be purchased throughout the event, including 2 Legendary weapon skins and a number of outfits for some of the game’s characters.
It is expected that as Fight or Fright launches next week, Respawn will release a full list of patch notes for this update.