As reported by Atlus, the developers of Persona 5, over 2 million copies have been sold worldwide, from the release of the game on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 back in September 2016 in Japan and in April 2017 in Americas and Europe.
Persona 5 was launched on September 15, 2016, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, and since then, the game received positive feedback from its community and received many awards.
- Japan Game Award 2015 Future category award.
- PlayStation® Awards 2016 Gold Prize / User’s Choice Award * Double Award.
- VFX-JAPAN Award 2017 Game Imaging Division Excellence Award.
- IGN JAPAN GAME OF THE YEAR 2016 1st.
- Dengeki Online Award 2016 Best CS Title No. 1.
- Dengeki PlayStation® Award 2016 Year Title Title No. 1.
- Famitsu Award 2016 Excellence Award.
- CEDEC AWARDS 2017 Game Design Division Excellence Award.
- Fami Game General Election All-Genre No. 1 / RPG Division No. 1 *Double Award.
- Japan Game Award 2017 Excellence Award.
- PlayStation® Awards 2017 User’s Choice Award.
Persona 5 has been nominated for this year’s The Game Awards, on December 5, with 4 nominees: Game of the Year, Best Art Direction, Best Score/Music and Best Role-Playing Game.
Persona 5 is Atlus’ biggest success with 2 million copies sold worldwide, and by the looks of it and the reactions from its fans, we expect to see even higher numbers.