If you remember firmly, the original plan was to bring further optimizations to PUBG. Well, the developers are now aiming towards it, as the update #14 which introduces the same is available on the test server. Namely, the update will become available on the live servers quite soon and, will introduce new throwables’ buffs and mechanics.
As noted, their purpose is to become a lot stronger and bring something new to the game. Therefore, the developer’s plan on buffing the Molotovs may be the right path to take. One of the most critical news is that they can be exploded by shooting them, for which it unites the excitement within. Below you can find an example of how overpowered they could be in given situations.
Despite the Molotovs, other throwables such as Frag grenades and Stun grenades will receive tweaks as well. Frag Grenades are being buffed in both the throwing range and damage, while Stun grenades get an increased radius of effectiveness.
Now, let’s get back to the fun story where PUBG is full of hackers and so on… Well, everything will change from now on. PUBG’s effort on bringing new and improved anti-cheat system should contribute to a better gameplay experience. The new solution is developed in PUBG Corp, and we’re not sure if it has any connection to BattleEye. That is yet to be proven. Namely, a new popup will ask you whether or not you want to use the anti-cheat system. Players can now easily deactivate the new anti-cheat, but whenever the services transfer to the live servers, it will be permanently locked to active.
Patch #14 is expected to bring many innovations and believe it or not; we do know how performance impacts on this game. Therefore, the developer has not forgotten to enlighten us all with new performances improvements, as follows:
- Improved the character model rendering process to prevent some small frame drop issues.
- Optimized character movement and animation while skydiving to improve framerate when multiple players are nearby.
- Made some improvements to our network code to reduce network latency.
- Increased the speed at which the server transfers data about objects (items, doors, fences) to address the fact that sometimes items spawn in late after players parachute in.
- Improved some inefficient processes with the way the server updates certain frames on vehicles and character models. This should resolve some abnormal physics affecting vehicles.