Before two days Hi-Rez released their new SMITE patch 3.16 covering a nice area of the game, plus, they included a new Goddess Izanami.
Goddess Izanami and her Spells:
Passive – Death Draws Nigh
The closer Izanami gets to death, the more powerful she becomes. Izanami gains 4% Physical Penetration for each 15% of her Health that is missing, up to a maximum of 20%.
For 6s, Izanami throws her kama sickles even faster and more furiously. While active, they no longer return to her but instead do 100% of her Basic Attack damage plus additional bonus damage. She may reactivate this ability to revert to her regular Basic Attacks.
Izanami sends forth a demonic visage of herself to strike down her enemies, damaging and Slowing all Enemies in a line. If an Enemy God is killed while slowed by this ability, future uses of the slow will be increased by 6% per kill up to twice, for a maximum of 30%.
Izanami descended into the underworld, becoming stealth, before leaping away from her current position. Firing a damaging Ability or Basic Attack breaks her Stealth.
Izanami summons a dark portal which Damages and Silences all Enemies in range.
Notes are taken from the official SMITE website.
Final Season Ticket Update
New content being added:
- Griffindwarf Fafnir
- Adanas Announcer Pack
- Prize Money Global Emote
“As discussed in our Mid-Season Ranked Update (https://www.smitegame.com/mid-season-ranked-update/) we have been carefully evaluating aspects of our Ranked system and looking for things we can do to improve the experience for our players.
One of the points discussed was the impact that 3-man parties had on the health of Ranked Matchmaking. After reviewing the data we have gathered, we have found that overall the benefits of a 3-man queue don’t outweigh the negatives. Starting in the 3.16 patch, players will no longer be able to 3-man queue in Ranked Conquest. We are also going to be watching how this change affects Ranked Conquest before we make any changes to Ranked Joust.“
- Removed the ability for Parties of Three to queue for Ranked Conquest.
- Updated a variety of Relic Descriptions to fix inconsistent wording and unit usage
- Fixed an issue where the 500G Potions would appear locked even after level 10
“Phantom provided a powerful effect for individual players, but when compared to other relics that could impact your team it felt lacking. We are moving it to be more team-oriented by letting it affect allies, giving more choices to teams in which relics they want to bring to a fight.”
- Increased cooldown from 140s → 180s.
- Now also affects all allies within 35 units.
They also made some item changes, which we are pretty sure someone will and someone won’t like it. In total, five items have been changed, and you can find them below.
“Divine Ruin provided a powerful effect but with the heavy cost of an item slot that would affect your final build. This often left players feeling bad for building what should be a powerful counter item. By increasing the Magical Power provided by this item, players now feel better about counter building on mages.”
- Increased Magical Power from 50 → 65.
“Magi’s Blessing should be a good option for players who want to build to counter big Crowd Control teams, but its cost is often restrictive for the protection it provided. By reducing the cost of Magi’s Blessing, players should find themselves more likely to build this against the right enemies.”
Reduced cost from 2350 → 2150.
“Pythagorem’s Piece is a situational item that becomes a powerful choice when your team can make use of the aura. Reducing the cost and shifting more of the power to the aura will better reward players who find these opportunities.”
- Reduced cost from 2600 → 2400.
- Reduced Magical Power from 70 → 60.
- Passive Aura Magical Power increased from 20 → 30.
- Passive Aura Magical Lifesteal increased from 10% → 15%.
“Spectral Armor was often too expensive for Support players to build when compared to items like Breastplate of Valor for cooldown reduction. By reducing the cost, Spectral Armor will have an easier time fitting into Relic oriented build.”
- Reduced cost from 2100 → 1900.
“Witchblade is meant to be a great tool for slowing down Physical damage dealers but was often not providing enough to be used outside of nice scenarios. With an additional 15 Physical Protections, Witchblade will be a more solid anti-physical choice.”
- Increased Physical Protections from 45 → 60.
- Fixed the spiders on Arachne’s web not showing their Mastery color.
“Pin provides Erlang Shen with a powerful tool in both waves clear and team fight presence. At 12 seconds, Pin was coming up too often and leaving enemy players feeling disadvantaged through most of the fight. By increasing Pin’s cooldown to 16 seconds, players should have an easier time finding gaps in Erlang Shen’s utility to punish him properly.”
- Cooldown increased from 12s → 16s.
“Fafnir has certainly grown into his role as a Guardian since his release. As we have seen more and more of what he is capable of, a few things stand out as being a bit too potent. Endless Greed was often providing too much gold and protections making Fafnir more difficult to defeat than most other Guardians. Additionally, Coerce is too powerful of ability for objective clear, team fight damage, and self-healing for its cooldown time. By reducing the effectiveness of Endless Greed and Coerce, we expect Fafnir to be in a more reasonable spot.”
- Fixed an issue where Fafnir’s passive glow would persist after death.
- Bonus gold per instance reduced from 4 → 2.
- Increased cooldown from 13s → 15s.
“Hou Yu sees a power shift this patch to address his performance at the highest end of play while also maintaining his core strengths. Mark of the Golden Crow was often putting a timer on the game, that when reached, allowed Hou Yi to become very difficult to box. We have removed the 25% penetration and reduced the duration of the mark to reduce some of this power, while also opening up a window where Mark would be down allowing for counterplay. To adjust for this change, Ricochet sees an increase in its base damage and scaling, allowing it to be more potent when not paired with his Mark. We have also adjusted the bonus damage per Ricochet so that it should closely match its current strength across a variety of Physical Power. We will watch these changes closely to see how it affects both his pro-level performance as well as his general usability.”
- Base damage increased from 70/110/150/190/230 → 75/120/165/210/255.
- Scaling increased from 60% → 65%.
- Bonus damage per ricochet decreased from 50% → 40%.
Mark of the Golden Bow
- Removed the bonus 25% penetration provided at Rank 5.
- This ability now reveals all marked targets at all Ranks.
- Duration reduced from 15s → 10s.
- Fixed an issue where Trophy Hunter’s basic attack swing FX were displaying incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where Legendary Odin was showing the wrong spears on his Ultimate.
“Sylvanus is a great pick when it comes to team utility, but without the ability to apply constant pressure, he has been overshadowed by other Guardian pics. We are looking to increase some of his utility and potency with these changes.”
- Increased damage from 80/100/120/140/160 → 80/120/160/200/240.
Ability – WispsWisps
- Increased protections gave from 5/10/15/20/25 → 10/15/20/25/30.
Ability – Nature’s GraspNature’s Grasp
- Reduced cooldown from 22/21/20/19/18s → 20/19/18/17/16s.
- Fixed the “I Like to Juggle” achievement to now requires juggling three gods instead of 3 enemies.
There are also a new god Skins, and you can find them over here.
What we analyzed until now. We can say that the game doesn’t feel the same anymore. It has a pretty significant amount of changes which some of us won’t like it. Judging by the item costs, it feels like they wanted to make the game a little bit faster.