One of the most problematic features to date in Pokémon GO, Routes, is getting some fresh updates. Per the Pokémon style, that will be done through a fun event called Out to Play.
Beginning September 27, 2023, and ending October 2nd, 2023, during the Out to Play event that is part of the Adventures Abound Season in Pokémon GO, Trainers will be able to encounter the following Pokémon:
*Shiny Hisuian Growlithe, for the first time ever in the game, will be available to hatch from 2km and 7km Eggs
As event-themed Field Research task encounters, the Pokémon that will be available as rewards are:
- Hisuian Growlithe
- Hisuian Sneasel
- Hisuian Qwilfish
A free event-exclusive Timed Research will be available with the focus on Routes, and the rewards will range from items, and Stardust to encounters with Hisuian Growlithe. Since there is free Timed Research, there will also be a paid Themed Research named Tails of Adventure. Available to Trainers for $2, there will be the following rewards:
- Six encounters with Hisuian Growlithe
- Five encounters with Growlithe
- Two Incubators
- One Super Incubator
While we are at it, here are the bonuses that will be active during the event:
- Kecleon will be appearing more frequently at PokéStops
- 3x XP for completing a Route
- Earn Buddy Candy faster while exploring Routes with your buddy
A special Voyager Box will be available in the in-game shop for 1,990 PokéCoins, and in it there will be ten Super Incubators, twelve Incubators and two Poffins.
Now, for the grand finale: Routes updates!
Niantic has said that they are continuing to make the Routes feature better by the second, and right now, here are some updates that have made little changes to the Routes feature in Pokémon GO:
- Increased Route availability across the globe
- A lower-level requirement for Trainers to create Routes
- Several quality-of-life improvements, including seeing more Routes in the Nearby menu, directional arrows on Routes and a running count of the Zygarde Cells you have collected
It’s not what we expected, but it is what it is. We hope that in the future there will be more meaningful updates
What do you think about the Out to Play event and the Routes updates?