Update: Trainers, the Go Fest 2020 makeup event is now live (in some parts of the world) and players are reporting of seeing Galarian and Alolan Pokemon from 7KM Eggs, increased shiny rates, and a free Go Fest Box.
Here is everything we know so far:
- Galarian Pokemon are hatching from 7KM Eggs
- Alolan Pokemon are hatching from 7KM Eggs
- Increased shiny rates for hatching/catching Pokemon
- Free Go Fest Box featuring 2 Incense and 2 Remote Raid Pass
NOTE: Some players might not see the Go Fest Box in the shop, and according to reports, you have to close and re-open the app.
Update: Trainers, the Pokemon Go Fest makeup event is scheduled to go live on August 16, 2020, from 11 AM to 2 PM local time.
- Pokemon featured during the Pokemon GO Fest 2020 Fire, Water, and Friendship habitat hours will be appearing in the wild. Incense will be more effective at attracting the featured Pokemon, and certain featured Pokemon will appear only when attracted by Incense, so be sure to use Incense to encounter all sorts of Pokemon
- There’ll be a special free box featuring two Incense and two Remote Raid Passes. Please note that players can claim this box only if they have fewer than three Remote Raid Passes in their Item Bag
- Gifts opened during the event can contain Rare Candies
- Incense activated during the event will last for one hour
Date + Time
- Sunday, August 16, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time, wherever players who purchased a Pokemon GO Fest 2020 ticket are in the world. Three different habitats will be featured during this event, each lasting for one hour
- 11:00 a.m.: Fire
- 12:00 p.m.: Water
- 1:00 p.m.: Friendship
Previous Story: Trainers, Fest 2020 has started, but history seems to be repeating itself. Many players who have purchased a ticket were unable to enjoy the event due to server errors.
Niantic and Pokémon Go announced on their official Twitter account that they will be hosting a makeup Go Fest event. They have not revealed when this event will start, but all players expect it to be soon.
Their Tweet reads:
Trainers, due to technical issues that occurred in some of the habitat blocks during Pokémon GO Fest, we will be holding a makeup event at a later date (TBD). We apologize for any inconvenience caused and will share more information once details have been finalized.
The Go Fest 2020 is
currently live in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, over and according to reports, the game was unplayable and many players experienced lags, server issues, and a lot more. Some players were not able to open the app, while some didn’t see any Pokemon spawns.
Did you experience any server issues, lags, etc during this year’s Go Fest? Let us know in the comment section below.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!