New year, and we are here again to welcome new gaming titles. The list of new PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch video games releasing in 2018 is long, official trailers are also included, so just sit back, relax, and get ready for a whole new gaming experience in 2018.
We’re still sitting in 2017, but it’s time to move forward and take a sneak peak into 2018 upcoming video games on all platforms. The greatness awaits!
Our list features some of the biggest game titles set to release on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch in 2018, and you’ll probably be amazed at what 2018 has to offer.
2018 Video Game Releases
Anthem – Releasing Fall 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC
- You play as a Freelancer, granted with confronting the wilderness around a walled city to protect the mankind from the threats. This means to protect the city from the huge, savage beasts and some armed enemies going by the name Scars. In order to survive, you will need a Javelin exosuit. These will allow you to fly and are also heavily packed with weapons and abilities. You will be able to get multiple Javelin suits for different situations, and can also customize their looks.
A Way Out – Releasing early 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC
- There is another eye-catching adventure from Josef Fares, the creator of the heartbreaking indie title Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Only this time, the two players have to work together to break the characters Leo and Vincent out of prison. After that, they have to help them avoid the authorities. It is said that the different characters have to build trust and friendship as they go.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 – TBC
- The game will be both single-player and co-op online, in which you can choose to play by yourself or with your friends. It is said that the game will be like a SimCity simulation, where the system will allow the players to travel through time. At the moment the game is still in the early state.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – Release date set for March 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC
- This is a 2.5D action adventure game under development of Koji Igarashi, former Castlevania Producer. The game is under development at this moment, and we expect to see its release in March.
The Crew 2 – Releasing in 2018 for Ps4, Xbox One and PC
- The Crew 2 is not all about wowing you with the life-like physics or get you overwhelmed with a collection of pixel-perfect cars. It is all about you as a player, being able to drive everything. That means cars, race cars, off-road cars, planes, boats…
Kirby – Releasing in 2018 for Nintendo, Switch
- Play together with up to three teammates in Kirby, either three other players in co-operative play, or by recruiting enemies to his side. Kirby is also able to combine abilities to create combo attacks with the entire party. He also uses teamwork to solve puzzles.
Metro Exodus – Releasing in 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC
- Metro Exodus is based on the series of novels by the Russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky. In this game, the last survivors of the nuclear war survive underground in the subway networks.
Monster Hunter World – Releasing in 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC
- Monster Hunter is an action-RPG series developed by Capcom. The beginning started on the PS2 and took off in Japan when Capcom developed the Monster Hunter Freedom games for PSP. The core of Monster Hunter is co-operative multiplayer in which players hunt the monsters together. The four-player local wireless play made the PSP game a legitimate phenomenon in Japan.
Skull & Bones – Releasing in autumn 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC
- Skull & Bones is a multiplayer action-adventure game that is played from a third-person view. The players take the control of a customizable pirate captain, and can choose to sail the Indian Ocean alone or gather up to give other players to ally or to engage in combat within Disputed Waters. The wind positioning could be assessed to gain some advantage during the battle. The players can collect additional ships through the game.
God Of War – Releasing early 2018 for PS4
- The game will have elements that are similar to role-playing games, like archery knowledge points and a Spartan Rage timed ability during a battle. This ability is a new take on the ”Rage” ability of the previous installments. There is also a crafting resource for the player to find. The installment has a third-person and an over-the-shoulder free camera, unlike the previous installments.
The major change is that Kratos will not use his signature double-chained blades since he lost these at the conclusion of God of War III. To replace this, he will use a magical battle axe, which is infused with the elemental abilities and thrown at enemies.
Far Cry 5
- The game is first-person shooter action-adventure open world game, developed by Ubisoft Montreal. This is the fifth title in the series which is set to release on February 27, 2018, for PS4, Xbox One and PC. “Far Cry is about two things. It’s definitely about chaos, and there’s a lot of that in this. But it’s also about building a beautiful world” as announced by Executive Producer and Creative Director Dan Hay.
Unnamed Pokemon RPG – Releasing 2018/19 for Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo revealed that a new Pokemon game is in progress for the Switch. The title is a proper ”core” RPG Pokemon game from the developer Game Freak, who developed every title in the main Pokemon series since the very first original release of Pokemon Red and Blue in 1996. Unfortunately, this is everything we know so far.
Red Dead Redemption 2 – Releasing in 2018 for PS4 and Xbox One
- The unveiling of Red Dead Redemption 2 was followed up by Sony with an official statement regarding exclusivity. Gratefully, it is not drastic, but they said that PlayStation users will be granted an exclusive early access to Red Dead Online’s DLC. That means leaving Xbox One players “in front of the door” for an unspecified amount of time. It is a statement that will upset the bigger part of the crowd, and excite others. Sony will be glad for the extra sales from it. Red Dead Redemption 2 has gained legendary status in the industry. Maybe this deal will make a strong friendship between Sony and Rockstar. Exclusivity is inconvenient for some, but it works for a profit.
Robocraft Infinity – Releasing Q1 2018 for Xbox One and PC
- A very popular robot building game, called Robocraft Infinity, is coming to Xbox One and PC in Q1 2018. The game features massive combat balance redux, new progression system, full controller support and 4K for Xbox One X. The game will support Xbox Play Anywhere.
Spider-Man – Releasing Q1/Q2 2018 for PS4
- Spider-Man is an upcoming action-adventure game, based on Marvel’s superhero Spidey. For the first time in the history of Spider-Man, the game doesn’t have any connection to a movie or comic book. Get ready to experience a whole new Spider-Man hero!
We Happy Few – Official Release Date 4/13/2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC
- We Happy Few is upcoming survival horror game, where your character named Arthur uses Joy to stay high and happy. The gameplay takes place in ’60s England. Your mission is to complete specific tasks for a limited time. Failure will lead you back at the very beginning and you’le have to start all over again. Can you handle the pressure?
Final Fantasy XV – Release date early 2018 for PC
- Final Fantasy XV is a role-playing game, developed by Square Enix for PS4 and Xbox One. The gameplay takes place in Eos, and the players can play as Noctis, the main protagonist. On the journey, three of his friends, Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto are watching his back, doesn’t matter if the game is in Easy or Normal mode. Just heads up, in the Easy mode the player can summon a monster to bring Noctis back to life when defeated. Be careful, Carbuncle will show only once per battle.
Jurassic World Evolution simulator – Coming Summer 2018 to PS4, Xbox One and PC
- Jurassic World Evolution is a dinosaur theme park simulation game, developed by Frontier Developments and Universal. The players will build/create their own “Dino-world” on the island of Isla Nublar and Muertes Archipelago and bioengineer new dinosaur breeds.
Looking at these game titles and trailer, it seems like 2018 is a promising year and the gamers will have a lot of fun. So, better to start saving some money now!