Capcom is beta testing a new Multiplayer Game that’s been kept secret. The unknown project is likely to be a survival horror game in which players are divided between killers and survivors. We do believe it’s something similar to Dead by Daylight, with a match consisting of up to 4-6 players in which one of them is designated to be the killer.
Another assumption would be the game to include a horde mode in which 4-6 players need to find their way out or fight the countless waves of terror. The closed beta testing is also available to players close to Capcom’s heart.
The beta testing will be exclusively available to PlayStation and Xbox players (Xbox One version and PS4 version of the game will be available to next-gen consoles through backward compatibility), with a registration period from January 14 to January 25. The event will begin at the following times.
Closed Beta Test Operating Times
- January 28, 2021 1AM – 8AM (EST) (Maintenance between 4-5AM)
- January 27, 2021 10PM – January 28, 5AM (PST) (Maintenance between 1-2AM)
- January 28, 2021 8PM – January 29, 3AM (EST) (Maintenance between 11PM-12AM)
- January 28, 2021 5PM – January 29, 12AM (PST) (Maintenance between 8-9PM)
- January 29, 2021 10AM – 5PM (EST)
- January 29, 2021 7AM – 2PM (PST)
- January 30, 2021 1AM – January 31, 1AM (EST)
- January 29, 2021 10PM – January 30, 10PM (PST)
For more detailed info on the prerequisites for accessing the close beta, make sure you visit Resident Evil’s official website.
Resident Evil 25th Anniversary Title Closed Beta Test is Coming!
We are looking for CBT participants in our ambassadors.
This is your chance to play a Resident Evil title that no one has played before!
— 【公式】バイオハザード / RESIDENT EVIL PORTAL Official (@REBHPortal) January 14, 2021