Valorant, the first-person shooter that is seemingly overtaking the throne from Counter-Strike is ready to add a new game mode that will shuffle things up and spike up the entertainment level for all the casuals. The new game mode is called Escalation, and is similar to Counter-Strike 1.6’s modded Gungame. Escalation will become playable starting tomorrow, February 17.
It has the same spawn sensation as Deathmatch, with the only difference being the weapon rotation. The game is 5v5 with 12 Escalation levels. Each escalation level will have a different weapon or ability. The first team to 12 or the furthest team in 10 minutes wins the game.
Without further ado, you can find the rules of the upcoming game mode below:
THEM’S THE ESCALATION RULES
- 5v5 game mode
- 12 Escalation levels (each level has a specific weapon or ability)
- First team to 12, or furthest along in 10 minutes, wins
- Team together must earn 7 points on a level to advance to the next level
- A kill on the current level earns 1 point
- A kill on a previous level earns .5 points
- Each player has an individual weapon level they’re working to complete
- You’ll have to earn at least 1 kill on a weapon to unlock the next weapon level
- The team can still advance Escalation levels if you’re on an older weapon level
- Example: Your team can be level 4 but you can still be “stuck” with the level 1 weapon (let’s say the Vandal), until you get 1 kill with that weapon. Then you’ll progress to the level 2 weapon, not directly to level 4.
- Games run for about 7–9 minutes
- No Agent-specific abilities based on your character select choice, only the standard abilities that all players will see throughout the match (see Loadout section below)
- Fast respawns (invulnerable for first 5 seconds)
- Level 1: Always either Raze’s Showstopper or Vandal/Phantom
- Level 2: Always Vandal or Phantom.
- Levels 3–11: Assorted weapons and abilities
- Level 12: Possible Shorty, Classic, Knife, Shock Dart…or even the Snowball Launcher
- Health: Every death drops a health pack that expires after 10 seconds
ESCALATION XP GAINS
Take part, and you’ll get 800 XP for each completed match, add an extra 200 XP when you pull off a win.
HOW LONG WILL ESCALATION BE AROUND?
This one’s on the limited time block for now. We’re always evolving our game mode offerings depending on how you respond. But for now, jump in so you don’t miss out.