Update September 22, 2023: Trainers, we now have the tasks for the latest step of the Season-long Special Research A Paldean Adventure
Update: Trainers, step four of the A Paldean Adventure special research has been revealed. Check it out below.
Previous Story: Hello, Trainers! There’s a fresh wave of excitement in the Pokémon GO world. Why? Because we’re ringing in the new Season of “Adventures Abound” with an intriguing Special Research, themed events, Pokémon first-appearances, and some surprises we bet you didn’t see coming.
Before we dig into the nitty-gritty of the Special Research, let’s zoom out for a moment. Pokémon GO rolls out a new Season every three months, breathing life into the game with new features, bonuses, and events. It’s a treasure trove of Pokémon debuts, fresh Shiny forms, and other eye-popping goodies. “Adventures Abound” marks the 12th Season we’ve had the privilege to be a part of, and if you’ve been counting, that’s a whole lot of adventuring.
Now, to the meat of the matter. The A Paldean Adventure Special Research is structured in several steps, and you can choose different branching paths. Completing each of these tasks not only brings you awesome rewards but also gives you the opportunity to encounter different Pokémon – talk about a win-win.
For the completionists among us, Niantic and Pokémon GO will be gradually unveiling the steps of this Special Research. As of now, we’ve got our hands on the list for the first set of rewards and encounters.
Pokémon GO A Paldean Adventure Special Research story, all steps, branching paths, tasks, and rewards
A Paldean Adventure Step 1/5
- Catch 8 Pokemon: 20 Poke Balls
- Rewards: 900 Stardust, and 900 XP
- Adventure with Sprigatito
- Adventure with Fuecoco
- Adventure with Quaxly
A Paldean Adventure Branching Path Spiriigatito, Fuecoco, or Quaxly Step 2/5
- Catch 3 Pokemon: 3 Poke Ball
- Take a snapshot of a wild Pokemon: 300 Stardust
- Rewards: 900 XP, Sprigatito, Fuecoco, Quaxly (depends on which path you choose)
A Paldean Adventure Branching Path Step 3/5
- Spin 50 PokeStops or Gyms: 20 Razz Berry
- Catch 200 Pokemon: 15 Pinap Berry
- Send 60 Gifts to friends: 25 Poke Ball
- Evolve a Sprigatito, Fuecoco, or Quaxly (depends on which path you choose): 1000 XP
- Earn a heart with your Buddy on seven different days: 3000 Stardust
- Rewards: 9000 XP, Sprigatito, Fuecoco, or Quaxly (depends on which path you choose)
A Paldean Adventure Step 4/5
- Explore 30 km: 5 Mysterious Components
- Catch 400 Pokemon: 25 Great Ball
- Earn 40 Candies walking with your Buddy: 9 Golden Razz Berry
- Evolve a Floragato, Crocalor, or Quaxwell: 2000 XP
- Visit PokeStops on 14 different days: 6000 Stardust
- Rewards: Pokemon encounter and 900 XP
A Paldean Adventure Step 5/5
- Explore 80km: 25 Ultra Ball
- Catch 100 different special of Pokemon: 2 Rocket Radar
- Complete 150 Field Research tasks: 5 Silver Pinap Berry
- Power up Pokemon 50 times: 50 Sprigatito, Fuecoco, or Quaxly Candy
- Catch a Pokemon on 14 different days: 9000 Stardust
- Rewards: Lucky Egg and 900 XP.
Hold onto your hats because the final chapter of the A Paldean Adventure Special Research will be unveiled in December 2023. Mark those calendars; you won’t want to miss it. Oh, and by the way, those who go the distance and complete the Season-long Special Research are in for a special treat. What could it be? You’ll have to finish to find out.