Warlander is a Sword-Fighting Dark Fantasy RPG Announced For PC
Independent development studio Clock Drive Games has announced its debut title with the stunning dark fantasy, action-RPG Warlander, coming to Steam in Q3 2019. Warlander combines story-driven adventure with fast-paced swordplay. Precision slicing meets ragdoll physics, creating a brutal and visceral combat experience.
With vivid art style and challenging level design, Warlander is set in a grim and perilous world as a narrative-driven action game that allows players to customize their combat style through an in-game progression system. Players can upgrade and acquire new abilities via three expansive and diverse skill trees. The result is a devastating combination of abilities.
“We drew inspiration for Warlander from games such as the classic Jedi Knight series and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, which we’re huge fans of,” said Goran Rajsic, creative director for Clock Drive Games. “We struck the perfect balance of sword-fighting gameplay, an in-game progression system, and customizable RPG elements that captured the essence of the genre but also added our own twist to it.”
A full list of features include:
- Brutal combat system with unique swordplay that’s fun to play yet hard to master
- Ragdoll physics and mesh slicing giving you the feeling of cutting through real flesh and creating satisfying finishing kills
- Challenging enemy variety that requires tactical thinking and skillful swordplay
- Fully voiced storyline with immersive narrative focusing on the dynamic relationship between the hero and his sentient sword.
- Vivid art and character design
- RPG character progression with multiple combat abilities and upgrades
- Explore a dark fantasy world filled with intrigue and danger
- Replayable gameplay with different skills from skill trees
- Use the environment itself as a weapon to crush your enemies