Details about the next Assassin’s Creed game are coming to the surface and according to a leak, the next Assassin’s Creed game (codenamed) Kingdom is planned to release in 2020 and the actual name of the game will be Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok.
According to dex3108 on Resetera, the person behind the leak, Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok will arrive next year, featuring:
- Assassin’s Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come cross gen 2020
- Actual name is Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok
- The main character is an ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of the Great Heathen Army
- The map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland
- Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.
- Settlements have some customization and in-game economy systems
- Large scale “conquest” battles return and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the story
- The player does become an assassin and use the hidden blade
- First Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and Mjolnir
- Game is developed primarily by Montreal
- Creative Director is Ashraf, Darby McDevvit is the Narrative Director
- Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms
- Co-op is returning and can be used in most side quests and world exploration
- RPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returning
- Ship combat is toned down to focus more on exploration
- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild
- Larger emphasis on build and armor usage.
- Player has the ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you
At this moment nothing is officially confirmed, so as soon as we have something, you’ll be the first to know.