Update July 22, 2019: Trainers, Team Rocket and Shadow Pokemon have been spotted in Pokemon Go! More info to follow so stay tuned.
Previous Story July 8, 2019: Trainers, the world famous Pokemon Go dataminer Chrales found new info about Shadow Pokemon, purification and Team Leader inspiration and shared his findings on his Twitter account.
Chrales discovered new text regarding the upcoming Shadow/Purification feature in Pokemon Go. He discovered the following:
- Do you want to purify? It will gain a significant amount of CP, cost less to power up, and learn the exclusive Charged Attack Return!
NEW DIALOGUE: TEAM LEADER INSPIRATION
- Don’t give up. Keep your cool, Trainer. Great battle. Stay focused. Quite skillful.
Blanche Invasion Encounter:
- Curious… Upon their defeat, your opponent seems to have abandoned the Pokemon they battled with. It has a strange and ominous aura.
I have a hypothesis about what kind of Pokemon it is… Could you catch it so we can examine it more closely?
Blanche Invasion Introduction:
- Trainer, some shadowy figures have been seen at PokeStops. Approach with caution, and be ready for battle.
Blanche Shadow Purification:
- If my analysis is correct, we can help this Pokemon through a process known as purification. This will enable it to harness its strength. Shall we give it a try?”
NEW DIALOGUE: TEAM LEADER INSPIRATION CANDELA
- Keep up the fight! Stay strong! You have a lot of fight in you, Trainer! I can feel your passion! Put your heart into it! What an epic battle!
Candela Invasion Encounter:
- Your opponent fled…and left their Pokemon behind. That really burns me up. There seems to be an ominous aura around the poor Pokemon , too. Could you try to catch it and see what’s so different about this Pokemon ?
Candela Invasion Introduction:
- I’ve been hearing reports of some mysterious characters near PokeStops. You should take charge and go investigate. Be careful, and make sure you’re prepared for a battle!
Candela Shadow Purification:
- I think we can help this Pokemon. Purification is a process that makes certain Pokemon stronger by tapping into their inner power. Let’s give it a try.
NEW DIALOGUE: TEAM LEADER INSPIRATION SPARK
- You can do it! You got this! Electrifying battle! Radical battling, Trainer! That was an amazing battle!
Spark Invasion Encounter:
Whoa, looks like they couldn’t handle a little battle! They even left behind their Pokemon. Why would they do that? It has a really odd aura around it… Let’s help it! Can you catch it so we can take a closer look?
Spark Invasion Introduction:
- I overheard that some shady characters have been showing up at PokeStops. I think you need to check it out, but be careful, I have a feeling you might end up in a battle!
Spark Shadow Purification:
- Oh! I remember Professor Willow talking about a process called purification! He said that it could help certain Pokemon become more powerful. Let’s give it a shot!
Shadow Pokemon are Pokemon that are being used for wrongful acts because they had the doors to their hearts shut artificially, a process created and carried out by Cipher in the Orre region. Collecting Shadow Pokémon through snagging and restoring them to normal by purifying them is the main goal of Pokemon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. Strangely enough, a Shadow Pokemon that isn’t under the care of the player will not enter Hyper Mode/Reverse Mode or apparently reduce its Heart Gauge, although a Shadow Pokemon the player controls will purify itself just by being in the Trainer’s party.
We expect to see the new Shadow/Purification feature very soon, so stay tuned!