Gayming Magazine is hosting a week long event starting from September 30 until October 5 in London, UK.
Here is everything you should know, thanks to Gayming Magazine:
Gayming Magazine, the dedicated publication for the LGBTQ+ gaming community, is hosting a week-long event later this month – the first of its kind in the UK.
Sponsored by Chappy, Green Man Gaming’s Pride Run and Fusebox Games – and supported by Ditch The Label, Soho Radio and Magic Notion – Gayming Live will take place from September 30th until Saturday, October 5th, with a series of events taking place at a pop-up shop in Great Windmill Street, London. A dedicated Gayming radio show will take also take place throughout the week, with all the events and initiatives throughout Gayming Live designed to bring the community together and replicate the ethos and fun of the magazine itself.
“Gayming Magazine has gone from strength to strength since we launched just three months ago – exceeding our own expectations,” said Founder & Editor Robin Gray. “We’re delighted to be hosting the Gayming Live event, which will take all the great elements of the Magazine and make them truly interactive.
“Gayming Live is designed to appeal to gamers, industry professionals and those looking for a career in games. This is a very exciting and unique event – and we’re looking forward to seeing everyone there!”
Highlights of the Gayming Live week include:
- Discover the art of gaming – an exhibition of LGBTQ game artists
- LGBTQ journalist & writers lounge
- Pride Run preview & competition – check out the dance-tastic new game from Green Man Gaming
- LGBTQ industry mixer – grab a drink and network with fellow industry professionals
- Careers workshops – CV polishing and advice, courtesy of Amiqus
- Ginny Lemon’s 8-Bit Drag Show – Video games meet drag queens
- Writing for video games – Story writers from Fusebox Games will be offering top tips and ideas
These events are FREE to attend. The itinerary and locations can be found here.
Meanwhile, a special campaign with a gay dating app Chappy will be announced during the week – more details to come!