For those who are unfamiliar, Ancestors Legacy is a squad-based real-time strategy with a strong focus on tactics. Inspired by medieval European history, it brings to life four different nations and their conflicts, usually solved by war. Developed by Destructive Creations and published by 1C Entertainment, it was released on Microsoft Windows on May 22, 2018, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 13, 2019, and Nintendo Switch on June 11, 2020.
Today, 1C announced that they had released a free version of the game, called the Free Peasant Edition on Steam. This edition includes all 17 multiplayer maps, as well as four single-player missions from the Vikings campaign. All 4 main nations are also available: Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Germans, and Slavs. The Peasant Edition also came with its own trailer:
Here’s a full list of all the features you can get from this edition:
- 4 single-player Viking intromissions, inspired by historical events
- 17 multiplayer maps (1v1, 2v2, and 3v3) to challenge friends or AI
- Advanced tactical options combining the use of terrain, experience, and morale
- Cinematic battle camera view puts you right in the center of the action
- Outstanding visual fidelity powered by Unreal Engine 4
- Streamlined resource management and village construction
- Precise controls with native gamepad support
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!