Valorant’s Patch 6.05 Brings Fixes and Improvements to Gekko and More
Valorant, has received its latest update with patch 6.05. This update brings several bug fixes, performance improvements, and updates for the newest agent, Gekko, among other things.
One of the most significant updates in patch 6.05 is the fixes and improvements made to Gekko, the latest agent introduced in the game. Some notable changes include more forgiving targeting for Wingman’s plant and defuse abilities and better audio and visual effects for some of Gekko’s powers. There are also improvements in the performance of the agent selection screen.
Apart from the agent updates, patch 6.05 also includes several performance updates, including the addition of a new metric called “CPU Wait GPU Time” that allows players to track when their machines are Render Thread bound. The update also includes bug fixes related to crosshairs, damage-over-time area abilities, and memory performance metrics.
The patch also addresses bugs related to gameplay systems, social features, and Gekko, the latest agent. Some notable fixes include animation issues, display name inconsistencies, and issues related to friend requests and notifications.
Valorant 6.05 Patch Notes
- Added “CPU Wait GPU Time” metric to performance settings in order to help players track when their machines are Render Thread bound
- Fixed a bug where Wingman wasn’t taking melee damage.
- Fixed a bug where ally Gekko orbs were showing up as white outside of custom Replication.
- Fixed multiple animation issues across all abilities.
- Fixed UI on Gekko’s ultimate staying on screen if the round ended while you’re possessing Thrash.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman wasn’t able to defuse the Spike after using Swap Team command in a Custom game.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman Spike plant casting allowed him to run too far of a distance if cast in midair.
- Fixed a bug where damage from Mosh Pit was avoidable while crouch jumping in the pit.
- Fixed bug where Wingman’s torso wouldn’t trigger Cypher’s Trapwire (C).
- Fixed a bug where the wrong animation played while casting Wingman.
- Fixed a bug where Gekko wasn’t able to plant in Spike Rush if Wingman was stopped from planting.
- Fixed display name of “Mosh Pit” showing up as “Mosh’s Pit”.
- Fixed a crosshair issue where the Import button is grayed out if you have 10 or more saved crosshair profiles
- The maximum number of profiles is still 15.
- Fixed a bug with damage-over-time area abilities where players could crouch jump to avoid damage.
- Used Memory performance metric now updates when Total Memory performance metric is disabled.
- Fixed a bug where in cases of bad platform disconnection, players would appear more than once in the friends list.
- Fixed a bug where voice tooltips were sometimes incorrectly rendered when turning Party/Team voice chat on and off.
- Fixed a bug where the invite menu would sometimes flicker.
- Fixed a bug where unfriending an online player wouldn’t update the count of online friends.
- Fixed a bug where when a player enables Auto-Reject friend requests, any pending friend requests would still appear. Pending friend requests will now be auto-rejected when this setting is enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the system notification confirming a sent friend request would sometimes show whitespace.
- Fixed a bug to add a message notifying players that they will also be banned from playing competitive queue if they currently have a comms ban.