Trainers, there’s big news from Pokémon GO. Niantic has updated the game to allow following Routes while in Party Play. This long-awaited feature means you can now navigate predefined Routes with your Party Play team, potentially leading to new and better rewards.
Before this update, players in Party Play couldn’t follow Routes, a feature that allows Trainers to explore specific paths. These Routes, created by Niantic, official partners, or other Trainers, guide you through areas where you can find Pokémon and receive bonuses. Completing a Route also earns you a unique badge, displaying a photo from either the start or end of the Route.
Party Play lets you form a team with two, three, or four local players. The benefits of Party Play include:
- Seeing other party members’ avatars on the map.
- Completing Party Challenges together, like catching specific Pokémon or spinning PokéStops, to earn items such as Poké Balls, Berries, and Mega Energy.
- Unlocking new avatar items through the “Welcome Party” Special Research task by completing Party Play challenges.
- A Party Tab showing ongoing stats from the session, which can be shared once the Party ends.
- Automatic raid invites to all Party members when one member enters a raid.
- The use of Party Power during raids, a feature that increases your next Charged attack’s damage when the gauge is filled.
When did #PokemonGo routes start working with Party Play? And why didn't @PokemonGoApp shout it from the rooftops? They push stuff few people care about, but things they got heavy flack from they pretend they didn't listen to feedback and fix their game! pic.twitter.com/iTWOZhQdKE
— Den (@Dengarsw) November 14, 2023
— Laura GO News local Lille (@mineminees) November 13, 2023
Niantic has finally made a useful update in Pokémon GO. Now, it would be better if they improved the rewards for Party Challenges, making them more than just basic PokéStop equivalents.
It’s surprising that Niantic hasn’t made an official announcement about this update, considering its potential impact on gameplay. What could be next for Pokémon GO? Perhaps showcases while walking routes? Stay tuned for more updates.