It seems like IllFonic loves to react silently and in case something goes wrong to revert the changes instantly. This was officially published today, after the hotfix has been deployed overnight. In general, Friday the 13th gameplay should feel better, without any additional interruptions because the hotfix addresses lots of already known issues.
The game suffered from various of critics for being an incomplete game since its launch. However, it seems like the game improved and is now getting back on the right track. This Hotfix addresses some crash issues as well as memory leak issues for dedicated servers.
It also fixes some glitches like the Packanack Lodge roof glitch together with the possible map escapes which were found a while ago. However, this update is available only for PC, while the hotfix should come on consoles very soon. Hopefully, there will be no more connection issues so you can enjoy a very rough time in Friday the 13th. It’s a relatively small patch we’re talking about, and below you can see the full changelog:
- Fixed cause of some random mid-game freeze crashes.
- Fixed a memory leak for dedicated servers.
- Forbidding Hunter (Tommy Jarvis) counselor selections.
- Fixed an exploit with crouching back into objects.
- Fixed some achievements not unlocking when playing on dedicated servers.