As always, Nvidia is doing their job at best possible level. Not only that adds new features, instead, regarding security it adds a layer that helps mitigate the Meltdown and Spectre flaw that was published last week. Among other things, Nvidia always tries to improve the social aspect of the most popular games, and they have added new Freestyle and Shadowplay Highlights updates. 390.65 WHQL not only excels the code but it also preps for something bigger.
Players will be able to record their most favorite moment in Fortnite with ease. After PUBG, Fortnite is the second BR game to receive Shadowplay Highlights support. It is always nice to have this feature for all games, and will undoubtedly come very soon.
It is a memorizable date for Nvidia as they have extraordinary tried to bring gaming moments closer to everyone. Shadowplay Highlights is one of the best features, we, gamers have ever met, and we must admit quite useful and easy to use.
Below you can find what else 390.65 adds, in details:
- Provides the optimal gaming experience for Fortnite, including support for ShadowPlay Highlights in Battle Royale mode..
- Adds support for NVIDIA Freestyle which lets you apply post-processing filters to your games while you play.
- This driver adds security updates to driver components (CVE-2017-5753)
- Computer systems with microprocessors utilizing speculative execution and branch prediction may allow unauthorized disclosure of information to an attacker with local user access via a side-channel analysis. For more information on this issue, see the NVIDIA GPU security updates for speculative side channel Security Bulletin posted on the NVIDIA Product Security page
- eGPU – Added a pop-up balloon to alert the user if an eGPU has been connected or disconnected.
SLI Profile – Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Total War: WARHAMMER II
Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [GeForce GTX 970][Batman Arkham Knight]: Surfaces are rendered incorrectly. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][TITAN X][TITAN Xp][Gamestream]: Artifacts appear when using Gamestream. 
- [Notebook][Fermi GPUs][3D Vision]: Error message pointing to the Stereo driver appears when enabling stereoscopic 3D. 
- and others
Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [SLI][Dirt 4]: There is corruption and flickering in the game with SLI enabled. 
- [NVIDIA TITAN V][G-Sync]: G-Sync displays may go blank when switching between different overclocked memory clocks multiple times. 
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the DisplayPort and two DVI monitors. 
- [GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based)]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a Threadripper enabled motherboard. 
- [Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game. 
- [Kepler GPUs][StarWars Battlefront II]: The system hangs when launching the game in DirectX 12 API mode. 
- and others
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!