We are not used to these kinds of changes, but recently, other games have been more successful than PUBG when it comes to Xbox. Therefore, Bluehole feels the need of stepping up to satisfy player’s requirements. The New Xbox update #6 certainly improves the gamepad experience, allowing players to swap between options easily.
Furthermore, this update fixes quite a right amount of bugs and is suppressing camera shake when riding a vehicle as a passenger. After recent updates on the PC version regarding optimizations, the same type of changes are applied to the Xbox, optimizing PUBG further.
I would advise you to check the changes in the list below, as the gamepad changes could be significant for your gameplay. As a sixth update, we’re hoping that it will finally satisfy the majority of Xbox players and give them a reason to enjoy.
- Auto-run function has been added (from a standstill, double-clicking L3 will activate auto-run)
- Players can now drop equipped weapons with Y button when inventory screen is active
- Grenades can once again be cycled by tapping right on D-pad
- Players can now cancel casting actions while the inventory screen is active
- Continued optimizations and crash fixes
- Game controller guide has been updated
- Buildings around the Military Base have had their collision adjusted
- Camera shake when riding as a passenger in vehicles has been reduced
- Inventory character models have returned to their normal stance
- Fixed a camera issue created by unintended Aim Down Sights and Free Look interactions
- “A” button will no longer refresh game results screen
- Team UI will now correctly show the proper direction teammates are facing over larger distances
- Player changes to markers on the in-game map will now be properly applied to their teammate’s in-game map
- Fixed an issue where switching to throwables under certain conditions left the player empty-handed
- Adjusted character positioning when exiting vehicles and parachutes