Ubisoft has revealed the list of all characters or as they call them “The Hope County Resistance” in Far Cry 5 and the list + a video with their names, bio and role can be seen below.
Far Cry 5 is a first-person shooter action-adventure open world game, developed by Ubisoft Montreal. This is the fifth title in the series which is launching on March 27, 2018, for PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X and PC.
“Far Cry is about two things. It’s definitely about chaos, and there’s a lot of that in this. But it’s also about building a beautiful world” says Executive Producer and Creative Director Dan Hay.
The following is from the official press and you can find Far Cry 5 “Gun for Hire” compilation video below the list:
Boomer the Good Boy Scout with a Role: Fangs for Hire
- Boomer is a former bird-dog regional champion. After a successful career, he was content to spend his retirement at his owner Rae-Rae’s pumpkin farm. Then the cult stepped in and took his family away from him. But Boomer remains a loyal companion to those he can trust, and he’s always ready to use his keen senses to take down the cult.
Hurk Drubman JR the “Just dangerously stupid” RPG with a Role: Resistance
- Hurk Jr. was born two prongs short of a fork, raised on TV dinners and soap operas in the absence of his father (Hurk Sr.) and his mother (Adelaide), who ran the family’s small business. He tried his hardest to figure things out on his own. Thirty-five years later, the dude can barely zip his own fly.When Hurk Jr.’s mother ran away with another man, his father decided to enter politics and moved to their homestead in the Whitetail Mountains, where he could feed his devotion to right-wing paranoia in full. Hurk Jr.’s response was to spend the next few years backpacking around the world, from Rook Island to Kyrat, but he eventually found his way back to Hope County. Now Hurk Jr. lives with his dad in a fortified compound, “enjoying” the old man’s company and the many guns and armored vehicles on the property. Hurk believes in only three things: poundin’ brews, rockin’ it all the time, and givin’ praise to the Monkey King who will eventually bestow him with great fortune.
Nick Rye “The King of the Skies” Pilot with a Role: Gun for Hire
- Nick Rye broke away from a long line of Holland Valley Air Force veterans. His grandfather flew in WWII and in ‘Nam, and told Nick that war is hell—no exceptions. Nick met his wife Kim online and was attracted by her stories of traveling the world. After 9/11, he was pressured by his father to enlist, but Nick refused, choosing to stay and take care of his wife, who had recently suffered a miscarriage. Nick never reconciled with his father. Recently, John Seed—Eden’s Gate’s lawyer—has aggressively tried to buy Nick’s crop-dusting business. But Nick has refused to no end. And to complicate matters worse, after years of trying, Nick and Kim are expecting their first child any day now. All his life, Nick has resisted the idea of going to war. But now the war has come to him. It’s time for him to step up and become the true American hero he was destined to be.
Grace Armstrong “The Sharp-Shooting Hero” Sniper with a Role: Gun for Hire
- Grace Armstrong is an expert sniper who has won a bronze medal at the US Olympics, served multiple tours in Afghanistan, and returned home to work as a weapons instructor alongside her father at the family’s shooting range in the Holland Valley. The Project at Eden’s Gate was a growing presence, but nothing she took seriously at first. However, things came to a head when the shooting range was violently taken over by The Project, while local police refused to help. The resulting chaos led to the death of Pops. At that moment, something snapped inside Grace. She buried her father, unpacked her sniper rifle, and went hunting for the members of Eden’s Gate.
Jess Black “The Master Huntress” Hunter with a Role: Resistance
- Jess’s parents were frequently out of work, so she moved around a lot and never had a proper childhood. As a result, trouble found her early: fistfights in the school hallways, late-night graffiti, dealing drugs, petty theft, and even setting fire to the principal’s car. Sick of her home life, Jess ran away to live with her badass Granny, a hard-core prepper and survivalist.No-nonsense Granny straightened her out fast by teaching her how to hunt and live off the land. For the first time ever, Jess finally had a role model and a sense of stability. After her Granny passed away, Jess, a changed woman, went back to living with her folks. Just when things were starting to go right, Eden’s Gate showed up and they quickly went south. One night, while she and her family were sleeping, an Eden’s Gate henchman named The Cook broke into their house and abducted them. The Cook starved and tortured them relentlessly before finally killing Jess’s parents in front of her. But Jess escaped, and thanks to her Granny’s lessons, she now has the know-how to take down cultists and rescue others. She’s determined to save everyone she can and get revenge on The Cook. In a roundabout way, Jess found her true calling: killing.
Adelaide Drubman “The Chopper Queen” Pilot with a Role: Resistance
- Adelaide Drubman is healthier, wealthier, and wiser than most folks. Just ask her: she’ll be glad to tell you all about herself. Addie married a wealthy older man, Hurk Drubman Sr., when she was in her 20s. Their shared love of Reagan, Jesus Christ, and the NRA was a match made in heaven. It was after their son Hurk Jr. was born that Hurk Sr.’s attention started to drift to…other interests. While father and son went on hunting trips, Addie stayed home to manage Hurk Sr.’s holdings—unpaid of course. After a decade of indifference and infidelity from her husband, Addie filed for divorce. She and her lawyer ensured she got the lion’s share, including Hurk Sr.’s marina. In turn, she “let” Hurk Sr. keep the kid and enjoyed her life to the fullest: booze, bazookas, and boy toys.Now in her 50s, Addie is still trying to live the same life. A few months ago, she spied a hot young SoCal mimbo on vacation at her marina. One look at his big…blue eyes and she just had to have him. Her bank account was full to bursting, so Addie lavished him with gifts and, after a while, convinced Xander Holt to move in with her. For Adelaide, it was paradise. But paradise was lost once Eden’s Gate started sniffing around, begging to buy up her land. When she refused to sell out, they came with guns and took it by force. Banished from her own home, a furious Addie has been plotting revenge and brushing up on target practice with her prized AK-47.
Sharky Boshaw “The Pyrotechnics Phenom” Pyromaniac with a Role: Resistance
- His birth certificate says Charlemagne Victor Boshaw IV, but he’d prefer it if you called him Sharky. His parole officer calls him a serial arsonist, but he’d prefer the term, “fire enthusiast.” See, wherever Sharky goes, fire follows: It destroyed his family’s trailer park on three separate occasions, forcing it to close down. It claimed the roller rink that bore witness to a disastrous first date. And it seems to ruin every drunk tank and jail cell that he ever sets foot in. The law couldn’t change Sharky, but that didn’t deter Eden’s Gate. They invited him to join them and walk the path to a better life. When he found out that a better life involved torture and brainwashing, Sharky decided to fight the cult. And his fire followed. Oh yeah, and it just so happens that Sharky is Hurk’s younger cousin. That might explain a few things.
Peaches “The Feline Powerhouse” Stealth with a Role: Fangs for Hire
- Peaches was raised in captivity, but some would argue that makes her a more vicious predator than any cougar from the wild—especially after being tended to by Miss Mable, the meanest, grumpiest, the most acidic old lady in Hope County. After having the comfort of her daily routine broken by Eden’s Gate, Peaches escaped captivity and tapped into her hunter instincts. She will gleefully tear apart and feast on any cultists unlucky enough to disturb her mid-afternoon catnap. Even as powerful, silent, and deadly as she is, Peaches is just a big kitty at heart and will follow you anywhere if she hears you shaking a bag of her favorite treats.
Cheeseburger “The Fearsome Grizzle” Heavy with a Role: Fangs for Hire
- Cheeseburger was found as a young cub, snacking on greasy leftovers in a dumpster behind The Grill Streak. He’d been left to fend for himself after his mother was shot by poachers. Wade Fowler found him and brought him back to the F.A.N.G. Center, an animal sanctuary, where he was bottle-fed and nurtured back to health. It turns out that a diet of burgers and fries does terrible things to a young bear’s body. Cheeseburger developed diabetes, which requires daily insulin injections. This, combined with his emotional attachment to Wade and his brother, meant that Cheeseburger could never return to the wild. Instead, the Fowler brothers built the bear his own home at the F.A.N.G. Center, making Cheeseburger the star attraction and a local celebrity. When the cult moved in, Wade quickly realized that Jacob wanted Cheeseburger for his experiments. Rather than letting that monster get his hands on his beloved bear, Wade decided to let him loose to fend for himself.