Adventure Week Confirmed, May 19 through May 25
Update 5/24/2017: Adventure Rock Type event is going live on May 24 at 1L00 PM PDT. For more info see here.
Update 5/20/2018: It seems like the Adventure week event is not happening anytime soon, and I’m deeply sorry for the false alert. However, Adventure week’s quests have been added to the game, and I expect to see an official announcement soon.
Previous Story: Pokemon Go new Adventure week event this month is now officially confirmed, and this is the third event in the month of May. We have never had something like this before, so BRAVO Niantic for making this possible.
When I say three events:
- Battle Showdown event (May 1 – May 14)
- Community Day event #5 on May 19
- Adventure Week event (May 19 – May 25)
The Adventure week event will go live on May 19, right after the 3h Community Day event, and will end on May 25. That’s a whole week:
- Rock-Type Pokémon Increase spawns
- 1/4th Buddy Distance
- Increased items from PokéStops
- 50% Discount on PokéBalls in store
- Shinies not yet confirmed
Just got mail from #PokemonGO and it confirms an event coming this month!
ADVENTURE WEEK: May 19th – 25th
– Rock-Type Pokémon Increase spawns
– 1/4th Buddy Distance
– Increased items from PokéStops (not sure if Gym PokéStops fall under this)
– 50% Discount on PokéBalls in store pic.twitter.com/MO2ldXGMTt
— REVERSAL (@REVERSALYOUTUBE) May 5, 2018
Just last month, dataminers confirmed that 3D assets for the shiny versions of Gen 1 Pokemon have been added to the game, so this is the main reason why we expect to see the shiny versions of Gen 1 Rock Type Pokemon.
What is confirmed is the increased spawn rate of Rock Type Pokemon, so here is what we are going to see and catch more often during the Adventure week event:
- Sudowoodo (possible shiny)
- Aerodactyl (possible shiny)
- Shuckle (possible shiny)
- Nosepass (possible shiny)
The event goes live on May 19 for a whole week, until May 25, so get ready and catch ’em all!