The long awaited 7.40 update is scheduled to come tomorrow. Epic Games has finally revealed its final release landmark, together with maintenance time and others. Update 7.40 should no longer face other delays, as server downtimes have also been announced.
According to Fortnite’s official Twitter Profile, the servers will go down on February 14, starting at 4 AM ET / 9 AM UTC. This is the third time the developers announce the release of the patch. You can find the official tweet below.
Unwrap something sweet in the v7.40 update!
Downtime for the patch begins Thursday, February 14 at 4 AM ET (0900 UTC).
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) February 13, 2019
Unwrap something sweet in the v7.40 update. Does this mean we’ll receive some presents? It definitely remains to be seen.
Furthermore, patch 7.40 is supposed to balance the game further thanks to the patch notes published in update 7.40. You can find some of if not the most important below:
- Planes will no longer be able to smash through structures
- Zipline interact prompt added, and using a Zipline will grant fall damage immunity
- Hand Cannon structure damage reduced from 150 to 100
- Turbo Build delay decreased from 0.15s to 0.05s
- Rocket Launcher reload time increased from 2.52s to 3.24s
- Added the ability to crouch while in Edit Mode
- Stay tuned for the full patch notes when the update releases.
- Don’t forget to also check out the Share the Love Event – including overtime Challenges – dropping in v7.40!
With all of that being said, we are looking forward to playing 7.40.