Fortnite 9.10 preliminary patch notes revealed
Fortnite patch v9.10 is coming out tomorrow, with server maintenance starting at 4 AM ET. Now that everything has been announced we have the first glimpse of patch notes assigned to come with tomorrow’s update. Audio is mainly focused on, as patch 9.10 is scheduled to deploy a lot of audio fixes.
Fortnite will receive a new crossover with Michael Jordan and the NBA, most likely presented within a brand new LTM. “Game Recognize Game”, a new trailer will be released tomorrow holding more explicit info about the coming content.
The Official Patch Notes for 9.10 can be found here:
Fortnite Patch 9.10 Brings “Hot Spots”, Fortnite X Jordan LTM, Unvaults and more
Fortnite 9.10 preliminary patch notes
Despite the audio fixes, Fortnite will also include a lot of bug fixes, which in general will aim to improve the gameplay experience. Below you can find the preliminary patch notes for 9.10:
Release 9.1 Audio fixes and updates:
- Switch audio dropout issues fixed for real- apologies, this was meant to be in for 9.0 but we had unexpected technical problems.
- Fixed location of close-range enemy pickaxe impact sound, so it plays from the impact point and not the player that’s pickaxing.
- Removed ducking of building sounds when firing your weapon.
- Lowered the minimum velocity required to trigger a landing sound; this helps prevent players from silently ‘bunny hopping’ up ramps.
- Added a new jump sound for enemies that’s louder than your own.
- Increased jump sound attenuation to match enemy footsteps.
- Reduced the amount of time that it takes the enemy in-air audio loop to kick on, for better awareness of an enemy dropping in on you from above.
- Boosted volume of occluded footsteps and landing sounds.
- Tighter spatialization of close-range pickaxe sounds from other players.
- Added a clearer sound when an enemy confirms an edit on a building piece within ~2 tiles of your position.
- Removed glider audio tell for players traveling through a Slipstream.
- Added a new “Headshot + Shield Break” sound, for when the two events occur at the same time. If a shield break is “CHINGSHH” and a headshot is “PA-CHING” then the new sound is “PA-CHINGSHH”.
Release 9.1 open audio issues:
- Fix for PC audio device swap issues; we are planning to have this for the 9.2 release.
What we’re working on for the upcoming season:
- Fix for footstep sounds on the edge of structures gives audio as if you’re walking on the ground.
- Better hear the approach of enemy players outside player-built structures.
- Improvements to issues of sounds dropping outside of player FOV.
- Improvement of close versus distant player gliding sounds, to help clarify distance of gliding enemies.
- Longer sounds properly playing during Replays.
- Improved differentiation of teammate verus enemy audio.
- Internal testing of binaural/HRTF solution that will be a great help to headphone players, as well as other spatialization improvements.
As a reminder, the best way to inform us of your bugs is following the below format:
- replay URL
- time code of issue
- display name of player followed via gameplay view
- description of issue
Epic Games is doing an exceptional job listening to its Fortnite community, as well as perform updates based on player’s feedback.