The free to play mobile game Pokemon Go continues to break records and according to Sensor Tower reports, in 2019 players spent close to $900 million making 2019 the best year for Pokemon Go and Niantic since the launch of the game back in 2016.
Pokemon Go players spent close to $900 million in 2019 and here are the biggest spenders by country:
- United States players spent the most in 2019: $335 million or 38% of all user spending
- Japan players are second with $286 million or 32% of all user spending
- Germany is third with $54 million or 6%
According to Sensor Tower, most of the revenue comes from Google Play users and here are the numbers:
- Google Play users spent $482 million or 54% of the total
- iOS users/App Store users spent $412 million or 46% of the total
Pokemon Go had 55 million downloads in 2019:
- In the US the game was downloaded more than 10 million times
- In Brazil, the game was downloaded more than 5 million times
- In India, the game was downloaded more than 3 million times
- Google Play 38 million downloads
- App Store 17 million downloads
That being said, 2019 was a successful year for Pokemon Go and Niantic.
Who said that Pokemon Go is dying?