The free to play mobile game Pokemon Go continues to break records and according to Sensor Tower reports, in 2019 players spent close to $900 million making 2019 the best year for Pokemon Go and Niantic since the launch of the game back in 2016.
Pokemon Go players spent close to $900 million in 2019 and here are the biggest spenders by country:
- United States players spent the most in 2019: $335 million or 38% of all user spending
- Japan players are second with $286 million or 32% of all user spending
- Germany is third with $54 million or 6%
According to Sensor Tower, most of the revenue comes from Google Play users and here are the numbers:
- Google Play users spent $482 million or 54% of the total
- iOS users/App Store users spent $412 million or 46% of the total
Pokemon Go had 55 million downloads in 2019:
- In the US the game was downloaded more than 10 million times
- In Brazil, the game was downloaded more than 5 million times
- In India, the game was downloaded more than 3 million times
- Google Play 38 million downloads
- App Store 17 million downloads
That being said, 2019 was a successful year for Pokemon Go and Niantic.
Who said that Pokemon Go is dying?
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!