The CoD: Black Ops Cold War guide series continue, as we’re jumping onto a new AR-15 with 5.56mm caliber, the M16. This weapon is surprisingly good in the live version of Black Ops Cold War, unlike in the BETA. The more games we dive into, the more and more people we see adapting it as their primary weapon. But, which one of the attachments would fit this rifle the best?
Personally speaking, this gun is a laser beam, and only a couple of attachments are mandatory for it to work. On the offensive side, the only critical difference is between the “fire rate” and the “effective damage range,” I am somewhat uncertain what fits better, as both of them performed well. Another vital and compulsory skill would be the “Aim Down Sights” speed because naturally, hip firing with a burst weapon is bad.
In general, the M16, I repeat, it’s a pure laser beam. Once you get used to it, you will be shredding people. Sometimes you’ll win against SMGs in close combat too. In this M16 Loadout, I am using the “Perk Greed” Wild Card, which grants additional perk in each category. Getting the benefit of 6 perks is always a good choice. For my secondary weapon, I use the Diamatti pistol. Hey, another burst won’t harm us, wouldn’t it? Now, enough talking, let’s jump to the attachments.
Black Ops Cold War: Best M16 Attachments
As I said, you only need a couple of attachments to make this gun work properly, so let’s have a look at them below:
- Optic: Millstop Reflex (If something’s mandatory on this weapon, that is a scope. Not that you wouldn’t manage it with the iron sight, but it’s a lot clearer and easier to shoot targets with a red dot optic)
- Muzzle: Socom Eliminator (better recoil to reach that laser beam effect)
- Barrel: 20.5″ Match Grade
- Underbarell: Field Agent Foregrip (honestly speaking, the Field Agent Foregrip also contributes to that laser beam)
- Handle: Serpent Wrap or Airborne Elastic Wrap (Serpent is probably a better choice, but you can try the Airborne Elastic Wrap)
That’s all you need on the M16 in Multiplayer. If you play the Fireteam: Dirty Bomb mode, I’d suggest you get a larger scope, even though it won’t make much difference. Making guides the way I do feels so tiring. I got to prestige and managed to reach 1000+ kills with the M16 in around 10 hours to feel confident in writing this. If you have anything to suggest, please let me know in the comments below!