IO Interactive has discovered how exactly the progression and data carryover will work in Hitman 3, and the fans do not seem very excited about the transportation announcement. PC players who own the game on Steam won’t transfer the levels and progression due to the Epic Games Store’s migration. Hitman 2 is currently available on Steam, but Hitman 3 will be exclusively available on the Epic Games Store.
According to IO Interactive, this is “due to various circumstances out of their control.” Hence, linking the achieved milestones won’t be available. Players will have to “rebuy the game.” The migration of the Hitman franchise to an entirely new digital reseller is not welcomed by the fans, mainly due to the issue written above. Hence, players won’t be able to bring the locations into Hitman 3 with a mouse click.
Nevertheless, IOI has managed to find a partially working solution. Below you can find more details regarding the same. The sad part is that the import is free on consoles, but it costs money on PC, which is the only platform left behind.
HITMAN 3 Access Pass on PC
We’ve done everything possible to make this process smooth and player-friendly. However, due to various circumstances out of our control, we want to acknowledge that the process is different to our initial plans for PC players. We also want to share some of the initiatives we’ve set-up to make sure that PC players the chance to keep enjoying the benefits of the World of Assassination.
- The HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass will be available to claim in the first 10 days after launch for anyone who purchases (or has pre-ordered) any edition of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store.
- Owners of HITMAN 1 on EGS (including all players who claimed it when it was available for free in August) will get a free upgrade to the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass at any time after purchasing HITMAN 3.
- The HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass and HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass will be 80% off for 14 days after the launch of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store and will continue to be discounted regularly.
Our hope is that these initiatives help to ensure all HITMAN 3 PC players can able to enjoy the new game with full access to HITMAN 1 and their progression carried over as a minimum.
Hitman 3 – Editions
Hitman 3 will have two different editions.
- The Standard Edition includes the HITMAN 3 base game. Nice and simple.
- The Deluxe Edition includes the HITMAN 3 base game and the Deluxe Pack. Again, nice and simple.
Furthermore, next-gen upgrade details have also been discovered.
Hitman 3 Next-gen Upgrade
Console players who pre-order or purchase a physical or digital copy of HITMAN 3 (either Standard or Deluxe) on the current generation of consoles (PS4/Xbox One) will receive a free upgrade to the next-gen version of the game for no additional cost. Note that you won’t be able to receive the next-gen upgrade if you purchase HITMAN 3 on disc and you own a disc-free next-gen console.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!