It feels like Amazon Game is either unaware of the currently broken economy or want to act as such. Earlier today, Amazon Games said that the economy in-game is “performing within acceptable levels,” which is utterly unacceptable by players as they know the current flow of the economy at this moment.
On the Economy and Deflation question, Amazon Games stated the following:
All servers are creating more money than is being removed, and by a good margin. However, the economy is tighter at the end-game currently. When we look at surplus income generated by level, it’s very high in the 1-35 level range, decent in the 40-59 range, and gets narrow at 60. This means that as more players get to level 60, this will start to put more pressure on the economy.
The company also provided data charts that show the difference between gold income and outcome, which confirms that players are continuously generating a positive gold balance daily. Furthermore, they stated that players should run the three faction missions each day, contributing to a solid 10x gold income.
The next major release will have a couple of economic-focused updates and bug fixes to improve its current state. What the developer is planning to do is the following:
- Reduced Durability lost from PvP deaths by 10%.
- Extended housing tax periods from 5 days to 7 days, without increasing taxed amount
- Reduced attribute respec coin cost by 60%.
- Reduced the quantity of honey gained from apiaries by 50% and the amount of milk from cows by 65%. Honey trees are unaffected by this change. We made this change because the volume of milk and honey in the world is higher than our initial estimates. The bees and cows are happy about this change.
All Trading Posts will been linked. This change was made to strengthen the economies less traveled territories, and ensure item availability in all territories.
- Fees for buy and sell orders are defined by the Settlement that you’re posting them from.
- Transaction Taxes on purchases you make are defined by the Settlement in which you are making the purchase.
- Items listed in sell orders that expire are returned to the Settlement from which they were posted.
- It is no longer possible to place items on the trading post for 28 days. The maximum is now 14 days.
We are amping the potency of Expeditions by doing the following:
- Increased coin gained from expedition bosses starting at Starstone Barrows by 25% and ramping up to endgame expeditions by 100% per boss.
- Reduced the coin cost of each of the tuning orbs and increased the corrupted shards players earn from minor and major Corrupted Breaches.
- Reduced coin cost of chisels by 20-50% depending on tier.
We’re fixing a few bugs Repair Kits which should help crafters with a new item to sell, as well as lowering repair costs:
- We fixed an issue that was causing the attribute perk mods to not be usable in crafting repair kits.
- We fixed an issue that was causing using repair kits to cost coins. Repair kits should only cost coin in the process of being crafted.
Last but not least, all of the players who found the gold dupe issue and abused it will be personalized accordingly. Those who have been blatantly using it will most probably face a permanent ban. According to our data, there has been one ban wave that hit the majority of gold dupers, but there are still some left.