Developer miHoYo, after its rough and delayed period due to COVID, is ready to strike back and present its novelties scheduled to arrive in Genshin Impact. After months of waiting, fans can finally have a look at Yelan. This 5-star hydro bow user has already proven herself as an excellent addition and may even become your favorite character after just her first appearance on screen.
miHoYo published the character teaser of Yelan today, in which her kit is also showcased. The video of Yelan can be found at the top of this article. Yelan possesses its distinct powers, which miHoYo tried to land in the best possible and unique way, so it differs from the already existing characters. With that said, let’s look at some of her abilities.
Genshin Impact Yelan Abilities
Yelan is a Hydro DPS character that combines rapid attacks with agile mobility. She can scurry using her Lifeline ability, latching onto and marking opponents along the path. This deals Hydro Damage to marked targets and can reset her Breakthrough state, which buffs her next Charged Shot. More about the Charged Shot and other abilities can be found below.
Normal Attack: Stealthy Bowshot
- Performs up to 4 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Performs a more precise Aimed Shot with increased damage. While aiming, flowing water will accumulate on the arrowhead. A fully charged torrential arrow will deal Hydro damage.
- Yelan will enter a “Breakthrough” state after spending 5s out of combat, which will cause her next Charged Aimed Shot to have 80% decreased charge time, and once charged, she can fire a “Breakthrough Barb” that will deal AoE Hydro DMG based on Yelan’s Max HP.
- Fires off a Lifeline that allows her to move rapidly, entangling and marking opponents along its path. When this rapid movement ends, the Lifeline will explode, dealing Hydro DMG to the marked opponents based on Yelan’s Max HP.
- Moves a certain distance forward swiftly.
- Engages in continuous, swift movement, during which Yelan’s resistance to interruption is increased. During this time, Yelan can control this rapid movement and end it by using this Skill again. Additionally, each opponent marked by the “Lifeline” when it explodes grants Yelan a 34% chance to reset her “Breakthrough” state.
Deals AoE Hydro Damage and creates an “Exquisite Throw” which aids her in battle.
This follows the character around and will initiate a coordinated attack under the following circumstances, dealing Hydro DMG based on Yelan’s Max HP:
- This can occur once every second when your active character uses a Normal Attack.
- It will initiate a coordinated attack each time Yelan’s Lifeline explodes and hits opponents.
Are you excited about Yelan arriving to Genshin Impact? Let us know in the comments below!