Nvidia released a new driver for its GPUs that’s seemingly addressing gameplay issues with multiple AAA games. Aside from the beneficial driver fixes, Driver Update 516.94 provides a day-0 gaming experience for Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, including Nvidia DLSS, DLAA, HBAO+, and upgraded ray-tracing effects.
This driver update also supports Super People‘s beta and the upcoming Madden NFL 23. But let’s get back to some of the triple-A games fixed with this update. Apex Legends, Respawn Entertainment’s Battle Royale game, is getting improved gameplay stability.
Destiny 2 and Overwatch should no longer freeze after launch or during gameplay, and Chivalry 2‘s gameplay should no longer shimmer or show a black rectangle after toggling DLSS. As for the complete changelog of Nvidia’s Driver Update 516.94, check below.
Nvidia Driver 516.94 Changelog
Game Ready – This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Marvel’s SpiderMan Remastered which includes support for the latest gaming technologies including NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA DLAA, NVIDIA HBAO+, and upgraded ray-tracing effects. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest releases and updates including Madden NFL 23 and the beta for SUPER PEOPLE.
Studio – The August NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest new creative applications as well as the latest updates for NVIDIA Omniverse being announced at SIGGRAPH.
Game Ready & Studio Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [Apex Legends] Improves gameplay stability. 
- [Red Dead Redemption 2] Performance improvement when using DLSS is lower compared to previous drivers. 
- [Overwatch] Game may freeze on launching a match. 
- [MSI GE66 Raider 10UG/MSI GE76 Raider 10UH] Windows brightness setting does not work when notebook is in dedicated GPU mode.  
- [Chivalry 2] Toggling DLSS preset may cause gameplay to shimmer or show black rectangle. 
- [Dungeons 3] Game will crash on startup. 
- [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay. 
- [Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes. 
- [Xbox Application] Windowed G-SYNC engages and cause stutter/ sluggish performance in Xbox app. 
- [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. 
Game Ready & Studio Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [RTX 30 series] PC monitor may not wake from display sleep when GPU is also connected to an HDMI 2.1 TV, and the TV is powered off. 
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. 
- Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot. 
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. 
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. 
- [RTX 30 series] Lower performance in Minecraft Java Edition. 
- External display may not be detected when connected via USB-C on certain Razer notebooks. 
- [Forza Horizon 5] Rainbow like artifacts in game after driver update. 
As always, the driver can be downloaded through GeForce Experience, or from the official Nvidia driver download page.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at email@example.com