The Cycle Frontier 3.3.0 Patch Notes
YAGER Development, the developers behind The Cycle Frontier, released a major patch update, titled 3.3.0, focusing on improved user experience, balance adjustments, new content, and bug fixes.
The developers made significant changes to AI creature behaviors. Creatures in the game now react to a variety of actions such as sight, proximity, and sound, and some have what the developers call “Shared Senses.” If a player alerts one creature, it can attract other nearby enemies. The developers have fine-tuned this mechanism to prevent an unending chain of monster aggression. Creatures won’t be triggered by sound while players are crouching, allowing stealthy players a greater chance of avoiding detection.
Recognizing some issues with Twitch Drops, YAGER has created a Drops Compensation Crate for players who were unable to claim their rewards. Players with proof of Twitch/Game Account and Drop ownership can reach out to the Community Team or Player Support to claim their crate, which includes various in-game currencies, items, and gear.
- Further adjustments and additions to our anti-cheat detections and preventions
- Added UI element to Jobs & Mission tab to indicate when rewards can be claimed
- Implemented reward animation for items claimed from Delivery Station
- Howlerbusters Top 10 leaderboard has been added to Prospect Station
- Revamped some tooltip descriptions for items to give better hints towards how to find certain items like Howler syrinxes, resin guns, shock absorbers, shard slicers, sample containers, etc.
- Added UI indicator in the inventory screen for armor that has passed a certain durability threshold to better remind players to repair shields and/or helmets before deploying
- Added popup indicator will display if setting changes require a game restart to take effect
- Added some missing localizations for a few of our UI elements
- Fixed an issue causing some players to receive Error Code ## when dropping to Fortuna
- Fixed a bug that caused some items from the “Fortuna Veteran” DLC pack to not properly appear
- Fixed a bug with the howler’s animations when transitioning from it’s sleeping state to its combat state
- Fixed some buggy map geometry near Osiris HQ on Prospect Station
- Fixed some heads from the Grim Hunter skinset having misaligned meshes
- Fixed an issue that caused a sound effect to be spammed too often when repeatedly inspecting the “Tempest’s Blade” melee weapon
- Improved contrast on the description text for Spray cosmetics so that the names are easier to read
- Fixed some lighting issues in the Storm Pillar area on Tharis Island
- Fixed some faulty collisions on the stairs in Osiris Labs
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get into the Fortuna’s Favored Bar without unlocking it first
- Fixed an issue causing items to occasionally be unstackable in the forge if all 5 slots were occupied
- Fixed a small bug that caused the lamp posts in Korolev Quarry that caused them to look too bright
- Fixed an issue with the safe pocket UI sometimes getting slightly cut off
- Fixed an issue where the localization would not properly update for one of our graphics settings
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the head on the “Cave Explorer” Prospector to clip through their helmet
- Fixed a spot in Jungle where players could sometimes fall through the map
- Improved some visual issues with the fences on Prospect Station
- Item meshes will no longer disappear when switching between consumables and weapons. Finger guns are fun but not practical for prospecting
- Fixed issue with missing gun and melee weapon meshes.
- Landscapers have made a round with grass glue to fix floating plant textures and filled a few holes in maps
- Kawaii weapon vanity will now display properly in match on Mk II and Prototype weapons
- Fixed an issue with unpurchaseable attachments disappearing when purchasing and equipping a Loadout Preset
- Fixed an issue that caused Scrips to disappear from Stash when equipping a Loadout Presets that contains a higher amount than available
- Monarch player archetype will now be equip able from the player customization menu
- Fixed issues with the Monarch player archetype and Cave Explorer basesuit items
- Stuck spot behind the drop pod near deploy terminal on the station has been removed
- Fixed several stuck spots, out of bounds areas, and spots not intended to be accessible
- Lightning will only strike the surface of Tharis Island and will no longer strike inside of caves
- Vadim Tanayev visited an oral surgeon to have his tongue properly relocated inside his mouth
- In the unlikely event that a player falls down through the map, they will be teleported back to the surface thanks to the power of science, magic, friendship, or whatever deus ex machina device of your choice.
- Players will no longer spawn within aggro range of creature pathing.
- Fixed shader glitch when using epic settings with DirectX12 enabled
- Fixed VFX on Gorgon holographic if player is idle during a match
- Fixed issue with Howler loot disappearing before its intended timer ends
- Howler will now drop items when killed as intended
- Free Loadout gear can now be equipped when un-equipping “Your Loadout” reaches exact item capacity in the stash
- Red kill markers will only display when Elite Strider’s health is fully depleted
- A tailor visited Badum to help his clothes fit a little better
- Added missing timer bar for Player Quarter upgrades
- HexCage vanity skin will display properly when dropping the C-32 Bolt Action from loadout
- Fixed an issue causing failure to load player into station and be stuck in loading screen when launching the game on Steam
- Updated animation when unequipping scanner to better match correct unequip speed
- Fixed faulty textures when viewing trees near Jungle Thermal Ponds when observing from a distance
- Prospector model will now hold the Party Blade melee properly when viewing in the character preview screen
Known Issues & Things We Are Working On
- We are aware of your feedback that you want to see a default weapon skin setting.
- We are investigating changes to the process of selling items smoother.
- We hear your feedback about matchmaking and your experience with other players that you’re encountering and are investigating all instances surrounding the topic.
- Deysnc Issues – we are cautiously keeping an eye on this topic and working with players where possible to investigate these instances.
- Getting kicked back to the lobby is currently under investigation.
- We received a bunch of reports that performance has taken a hit in Season 3 and are investigating.
- Our Welcome Packs descriptions need to be reworded to reflect the disappearance of mandatory wipes.
- Streaming tools can lead to crashes for some players.
- CPU usage spikes seem to be back for some players.
- Some keybinds can be unbindable on AZERTY keyboards