The second weekend of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Beta has kicked off, bringing a slew of adjustments and new content for players to delve into. Sledgehammer Games rolled out an update on October 12, ushering in new maps, modes, and several gameplay refinements based on the feedback from the first weekend of beta testing.
The level cap has been elevated to 30, providing players with a broader arsenal of weapons and equipment to experiment with. Among the new maps introduced are Highrise and Orlov Military Base (specific to Ground War), while Cutthroat and the iconic Search & Destroy modes add variety to the gameplay dynamics.
Modern Warfare 3 BETA October 12 Patch Notes
It’s time for everyone to get hands-on with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III! In addition to raising the Level Cap to 30 for greater access to weapons and equipment, you can expect to see the following experiences throughout the weekend.
- [NEW] Orlov Military Base (Ground War)
- [NEW] Cutthroat
- Search & Destroy
For more intel on the full Multiplayer Beta offering, visit the COD Blog.
MP BETA WEEKEND 2 PATCH NOTES
This update will go live on Thursday, October 12th at 10 AM PST.
- Enemy Operators will now display a red nameplate above their head.
- Decreased the slide to sprint delay by 200ms.
- Reduced Tac-Stance spread while sliding for several weapon classes.
- Assault Rifles: Decreased 17-26%.
- Submachine Guns: Decreased 14-17%.
- Light Machine Guns: Decreased 30-45%.
- Marksman Rifles: Decreased 29-31%.
- Pistols: Decreased 10-20%.
- Striker (Submachine Gun)
- Decreased near-medium damage from 39 to 36.
- Decreased near-medium damage range from 24m to 19m (-21%).
- Decreased medium damage range from 30m to 25m (-17%).
- Decreased far-medium damage from 28 to 27.
- Decreased minimum damage from 23 to 21.
- Increased headshot damage multiplier from 1.2x to 1.3x.
- Increased lower-arm damage multiplier from 1x to 1.1x.
We expect the Striker to remain a competitive option thanks to its fire rate and excellent accuracy. However, these changes reduce its damage output at long distances, preventing it from outperforming Assault Rifles. Adjustments to damage multipliers intend to increase the consistency of this weapon.
- Decreased health from 550 to 400 (-27%).
- Decreased lifetime from 120s to 60s (-50%).
- Ground War
- Vehicles driven by the player no longer have limited fuel.
- Disabled overhead spawn camera sequence upon respawn.
- Added collision near various areas of the Waterfall to prevent players from accessing unintended locations.
- Players will no longer be killed immediately after respawning near the yellow car on the Side Street.
- Popov Power (Ground War)
- Added collision near Reactor Beta to prevent players from accessing an unintended location.
Our team is investigating reports of poor spawn selection quality and making adjustments for launch. In the meantime, please be sure to clip unfavorable spawns and share them with us!
- Operator movement animations will now play properly in the moments following a respawn.
- Added a missing icon for the Incursion XII Long Barrel Attachment for the SVA 545.
- Players will now be properly notified of Playlist updates while idling in the menus.
- Addressed a crash that occurred while matchmaking in the Ground War playlist.
- Addressed multiple crashes that occurred while launching the game.
- Resolved an issue that caused an error message stating “a required network service has failed” upon attempting to join another player’s party.
ISSUES & FEEDBACK
For the latest updates on issue tracking and game status, follow @CODUpdates on X. Additionally, we’re excited to announce that our Trello Board for MWIII is now live! Be sure to utilize these platforms to find the status of our investigations into the top issues experienced by the community.
Your feedback is key to our goal of making Modern Warfare III the best it can be. As always, we welcome you to share your experience with us on your platform of choice.