Hi-Rez released a new Smite update on October 18, bringing a whole host of changes and additions. From the exciting RuneScape crossover event to essential bug fixes and balance adjustments. Below you can find the patch notes.
Smite 10.11 Patch Notes
Welcome to the Runescape Event!
All former crossover RuneScape Skins will be in a RuneScape chest along with NEW RuneScape crossover skins and bundles! You are able to direct purchase the new skins or roll them from the chest! Any three RuneScape crossover event purchases will unlock the Black Plate Bellona Reward Skin!
Purchasable Event Items
- RuneScape Pro Cosmetic Bundle (3 items)
- General Graardor Ymir
- Sandwich Lady Amaterasu
- RuneScape Chest
- Conquest Minimap
- Removed two rocks represented on the minimap that were no longer in Conquest.
- Conquest Minimap
- Quick Party
- The title of this section on the Home Page is now properly translated, instead of always displaying in English.
- Quick Party
- General Gameplay
- Fixed an issue where there was an invisible barrier in the Fire Giant pit.
- Fixed an issue where the Order side Speed Camp was sometimes not updating colors relative to the Spirit Totem that was chosen.
- Unleashed Titan’s Health Bars are now visible to Spectators.
- The Stygian Beacon capture progress element now properly reflects real-time capture information to Spectators.
- Triple notification messages regarding the Beacon and Unleashed Titans have been removed.
- Celestial Syndicate: Corrected his “Defend Right Lane” VGS to play the proper voice line.
- Maman Brigitte
- Transitioning into an Arena Bonus Round now properly resets her Fuel count.
- Fixed an issue allowing Party Trick to be canceled at 0 Fuel without triggering Maman’s bottle slam, always ensuring the additional damage and stun at 0 fuel.
- Fixed an issue where casting Explosion of Souls would negate the damage from Neith’s Ultimate.
- Osiris’ Judgement Tether now properly stuns Maman out of a target that she is possessing with her Spirit Seize ability.
- Improved passive meter readability by restoring the background behind her Fuel counter at 0 fuel.
- Fixed an issue where Maui could fall through the map.
- Ne Zha
- Demon Dasher: Corrected his “Split Push” and “Have Fun” VGS to play the proper voice lines.
- Morgan Le Fay
- Fixed an issue where this ability would go on Cooldown even if not finished casting, if she was interrupted at the start of the cast.
- Fixed an issue where he could become invisible to other players.
- Sage’s Stone
- Now properly grants Max Health
- War Flag
- Fixed an issue that was causing a very old War Flag icon to be shown.
- Sage’s Stone
- The “Confetti!” Recall Skin’s balloons are now happily colored, instead of gray and sad.
BALANCE LIVE WITH THE 10.11 UPDATE
Gone are the days of a weak Titan as the end game objective. In fact, the Titan’s Cone Basic Attack has made it a bit too hard to end games without multiple waves of Fire Minions or an Unleashed Titan. We are decreasing the damage and range of this Basic Attack to make the Titan a little less threatening in the base.
- Decreased Base Physical Power per level from 250 to 225
- Decreased Splash Damage radius from 30 to 25
Gone are the days where Demon Blade is the one-stop-shop for Crit, but even so, that doesn’t mean it should be near-unpickable! We feel this item’s passive stats are still pretty solid, so bumping up those base stats just a hair will get it to a place where it’s feeling much better to use!
- Increased Physical Power from 25 to 30
- Increased Attack Speed from 10% to 15%
Eldritch Dagger presents supports with a very fun gameplay loop, especially for those among them that are more vision-oriented. However, the conditional nature of its effect was not living up to the strength of its other option, Bewitched Dagger, that is always active. As such, giving some more uptime on its effect should bring it more in line!
- Increased Buff duration from 10s to 20s
Shielding has been more present than ever since Charon’s release back in the Season of Souls, so we want to make sure that the counter option is also feeling viable. With the decreased cost and increased range, we expect to see those shields erode away!
- Decreased Cost from 2250 to 2200
- Increased range from 40 to 55
Odysseus’ Bow does one thing, and it does it pretty well. However, it takes quite a lot of that “one thing” to feel viable in such a competitive build, so we’re bumping up that Attack Speed a bit to get it closer to a comfortable spot!
- Increased Attack Speed from 30% to 35%
This item has a sneakily powerful passive that is often overlooked due to it being slightly too cost inefficient to justify grabbing it early. We’re hoping to see more sick outplays with Shadowdrinker’s invisibility now that it’s at a slightly lower price point.
- Decreased Cost from 2300 to 2200
Soul Gem was once an incredibly powerful Mage item with a sprinkling of many helpful stats. However, with many nerfs over the years and the global Power decrease in the Season of Souls, this item has been practically unused since. By making it slightly more stat efficient, we’re hoping to see more players give it a try again!
- Decreased Cost from 2400 to 2350
- Increased Magical Power from 60 to 70
STONE OF GAIA
Stone of Gaia has always been a niche counterpick item, but even in those cases where disruption is ever-present, it can feel very difficult to justify purchasing it. By granting a small Power boost on triggering the effect, we’re hoping to enhance the ability for its user to fight back!
- When affected by a Knockup, Knockback, Pull, or Grab, gain 15 Physical Power and 25 Magical Power for 5s
THE ALTERNATE TIMELINE
We’re finally in a Timeline where we feel comfortable buffing this starter item upgrade. While the ceiling of this effect can be incredibly potent, most times players end up immediately back on the floor once they respawn. While we don’t want to guarantee a safe respawn every time, we want to give more credence to the exciting and game-changing aspect of this item!
- Increased respawn Health and Mana from 25% to 40%
Soul Eater has been a frequent selection of Assassins across the board, but especially for those who end up playing Mid. We are happy with the strength of the item, but have noticed that it comes online much faster than equivalent options for Mages. As such, increasing the price will help to even out the playing fields.
- Increased Cost from 2100 to 2250
Awilix is very close to being in a good spot, but could use one more push. We are emphasizing one of her unique qualities, her ability to move around the map quickly with Suku.
- Increased Movement Speed from 25% to 30%
Cthulhu hasn’t exactly been inspiring the fear that would be expected from a Great Old One. He was especially impacted by the reduction in Health provided by Items, so we are giving him more Max Health increase in his Ultimate once again.
- Decreased Cooldown from 18/17/16/15/14s to 14s at all ranks
- Increased Max Health from 20% to 25%
They say that giving a gift is better than receiving one, but Cupid asks: “why not both?”
- If an ally picks up a heart, Cupid also heals for 60% of the value.
- Increased passive Attack Speed from 3/6/9/12/15% to 4/8/12/16/20%
Hera is another Goddess that is close to being where we want her, but just needs a final push to get there. Polymorph provides excellent utility, but not enough damage for Hera considering one of her abilities is purely defensive unless Argus is around. And since Hera’s effective range is shorter than that of most Mages, she is getting some late game help on Divine Shroud.
- Increased Base Damage from 90/135/180/225/270 to 90/140/190/240/290
- Increased Damage Scaling from 80% to 85%
- Decreased Cooldown from 16s at all ranks to 16/15.5/15/14.5/14s
Fear No Evil already greatly benefits from increasing in ranks, since the Cooldown decreases and lifetime increases. Scaling the damage per rank already effectively happens due to the increased lifetime per rank, so we are making the damage uniform across all ranks.
- Increased base MP5 from 3.9 to 4.4
- Increased MP5 per level from 0.27 to 0.38
- Decreased Cooldown from 15/14/13/12/11s to 13/12.5/12/11.5/11s
- Increased Damage per tick from 30/35/40/45/50 to 50 at all ranks
Ix Chel benefits greatly from being able to weave in her Passive attack during her combo, but despite the phenomenal presentation it felt too much like a normal Basic Attack in its use. Adding range and speed to the projectile should help with that and give it more consistency. We also want to reduce her vulnerability to dive, as that has been a consistent point of feedback from players.
- Increased Enhanced Basic Attack Range from 55 to 70
- Increased Enhanced Basic Attack Projectile Speed by 10%
- Ix Chel gains 15% Damage Mitigation while channeling this ability
Slipstream only cleansing Slows on cast just didn’t feel particularly intuitive since he has a different pose for the duration of the ability. Whirlwind also needed a bit of a boost to maintain its threat into the late game.
- Now gains Slow Immunity for the entire duration
- Increased Damage Scaling from 15% to 17%
The Hero of Hawaiʻi has been out of the spotlight FAR too long for his liking, so he is going to stop pretending that enemy gods are so heavy. Decreasing the self Slow will not allow him to pull enemies significantly farther with Master Fisherman, and instead it will generally make him less vulnerable during that channel.
- Decreased self Slow from 80% to 50%
- Decreased Cooldown from 110s at all ranks to 110/105/100/95/90s
Unravel is an incredibly potent tool in the laning phase, but once teamfights start, the long cast time makes it significantly more risky to use. We want to increase the reward for taking that risk.
- Increased Damage Scaling from 80% to 100%
- Increased Heal from 15/30/45/60/75 to 20/35/50/65/80
- Weave Heal from 30/60/90/120/150 to 40/70/100/130/160
Despite the Spicy change that Osiris received at the beginning of the Season of Celebration, he continues to heavily struggle. We were intentionally careful with the amount that Sickle Strike was dealing to minions when first introducing the change, but the data clearly shows that it has room to be stronger. When the Lord of the Afterlife was first introduced, total Healing negation was rare, making that utility of the ability’s identity. We thought it could be fun to add another rare utility effect to it now, especially since it is so clear to all players when they are debuffed.
- Increased Damage to Minions from 50% to 75%
- Decreased Cooldown from 15s to 14s
- Added effect to debuffed enemies that afflicts them with 20% negative Cooldown Reduction
Ratatoskr has been increasingly present in high level play, but only when using the Thistlethorn or Thickbark Acorns. We are buffing his other two Acorns to open up player choice for those Ratatoskr players who like to adapt their builds and playstyles from game to game.
- Increased Max Health from 10% to 15%
- Increased Dart damage from 35% to 40%
Anyone who has played a significant amount of SMITE has felt how powerful Scylla can be in the late game. We want to make sure she doesn’t become oppressive in those later stages, but also don’t want to give her enough early game strength that she gets to the late game freely. Sic ‘Em still greatly improves with additional ranks since it retains its AoE component at rank 5, but by unifying the Root Duration Scylla can consistently know her combo timing at all points in the game. Having a uniform duration also makes her much more consistent in setting up for her teammates early.
- Increased Root Duration from 1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6/1.75s to 1.75s at all ranks
On the opposite end of the spectrum from Scylla, Sylvanus’ strength lies in his early game. The changes to his Passive have certainly increased his late game viability, but allowing Verdant Growth to also decrease % Protections should help his scaling noticeably.
- Added 5% Protection Reduction on pod explosion
- Decreased Cooldown from 16s to 14s
Ullr has always been one of the hardest gods to balance, primarily due to his variance and difficulty. Experienced Ullr players have the kit flow down, always remembering to pop their Power stim before executing the combo off of Thrown Axe. For players that are not as experienced, they lose out on significant damage by using Expose Weakness after the combo. We have experimented with this change pretty extensively, and have found that swapping the benefits of Expose Weakness and Wield Bow led to multiple benefits. It maintains his general flow, though players now benefit more from using Expose Weakness once Bladed Arrow and Hail of Arrows are on Cooldown and aren’t losing significant combo damage if they mistime it. It also allows him to have more consistent Power that is gated to the later stages of the game, which has always been the area that Ullr has struggled most. Finally, we think it feels good! Gaining a big burst of Attack Speed from Expose Weakness to trade Basic Attacks once you’ve used your other Cooldowns or swapping into Axe stance to quickly Lifesteal has felt rewarding. We are excited for you to play with this change, so please give him a try and send us your feedback!
- Increased Damage Scaling from 65% to 70%
- Removed Power Buff
- Added 20/25/30/35/40% Attack Speed Buff
- Removed Attack Speed Buff
- Added 20/26/32/38/44 Physical Power Buff
Xing Tian has received some buffs to offset the nerf that he received when Diminishing Returns changed some time ago, but his pickrate (or lack thereof) indicates that he still needs help. Hook Slam should feel significantly stronger at all ranks. The mana cost of his Ultimate decreasing per rank instead of increasing was a throwback to previous Design philosophy and restricted his early game strength in a way that we typically no longer use.
- Increased Axe Damage from 25/40/55/70/85 to 35/50/65/80/95
- Increased Slam Damage from 50/80/110/140/170 to 55/85/115/145/175
- Increased Root Duration from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s to 1.6/1.7/1.8/1.9/2s
- Changed Mana Cost from 110/100/90/80/70 to 70/80/90/100/110
The final deity receiving a buff is in a similar boat to a few others featured in this Update. Yu Huang is close to where we want him, but we are seeing that the Jade Emperor struggles to keep up in farm in the early to mid game. Having more consistent access to Flames of the Phoenix should help with that issue.
- Decreased Cooldown from 11/10.5/10/9.5/9s to 9s at all ranks
The God of Success has been seeing plenty of it in recent weeks! While Ganesha’s kit is heavily centered on disruption, we are choosing to nerf the effectiveness of Dharmic Pillars because it often is the most fight-swinging ability depending on how well it is placed.
- Decreased Protection Reduction from 15/25/35/45/55 to 10/20/30/40/50
- Decreased Slow from 35% to 30%
Set has been performing quite well at high levels of play. This is not uncommon for Set, but this time around he is also seeing success in other levels of play, despite his difficulty. As such, we will be decreasing his kill potential, with particular emphasis on the hard-to-hit aspects of his kit.
- Decreased Scaling Damage from 90% to 85%
- Decreased Dash Damage from 50/55/60/65/70% of Skewer to 40/45/50/55/60%
NEW SKIN VOICE ACTORS
- Sandwich Lady Amaterasu: Rachel Lepore
- General Graardor Ymir: Ulf Bjorlin
- Dark Messenger Ne Zha: Skye Wayne
- Infernal Warden Chiron: Blythe Melin
- Plague Minister Set: Dave Fennoy
- Carnage Sobek: Dave Fennoy