Steam Next Fest, the popular event for gaming enthusiasts to try out upcoming releases, has wrapped up its October 2023 edition. The event allows gamers to play demos of soon-to-be-released titles, providing a unique opportunity for developers to show off their hard work and for players to sample what’s on the horizon. Valve has shared the top 50 games that gained the most attention.
During the festival, players explored a wide range of genres, with Action games leading the way with 25 entries in the top 50. Strategy games came in second with 13, followed by Adventure with 12. Other genres like Simulation and RPG also had a notable presence, giving players plenty of choices.
Steam Next Fest 23 Standout Titles
- A survival and base-building game set in an open world, this action RPG has already caught the eye of many.
- Japanese Drift Master
- For fans of racing and driving simulations, this game offers a focused experience on drifting.
- Sky: Children of the Light
- This MMORPG with puzzle elements sets itself apart with its cozy and adventurous atmosphere.
- Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor
- This action roguelike game mixes bullet hell and arena shooting in a top-down perspective.
- RoboCop: Rogue City
- An action-packed first-person shooter based on the classic RoboCop franchise.
Many of these games are already available for pre-purchase, with some even offering discounts. Games like “Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin” and “Stronghold: Definitive Edition” have release dates set for November 2023, while others like “Apocalypse Party” and “Pioneers of Pagonia” are slated for release in December 2023.
Many of these games still have active demos, meaning you can try them out for yourself even if you missed the event. Visit the individual store pages to learn more and maybe even add them to your wishlist.
It’s worth noting that some games like “The Arrogant Kaiju Princess and The Detective Servant,” featuring mature content, also made it into the list. These games cater to a niche audience and have sparked some user debate.
Steam Next Fest has again proven to be a valuable platform for developers and gamers. It helps small and big developers alike to get valuable feedback while gamers get a chance to explore various upcoming titles. With a mix of genres and themes, there’s quite a bit for everyone to look forward to in the coming months.