One of the Legendary Pokemon, now available to battle and catch is Mewtwo. Mewtwo is one of the best Pokemon in the game as well as one of the rarest and hardest to catch with 49430 CP and Max Capture CP 2275. It is a very powerful Pokemon that has 3 weaknesses, but with the following Raid guide, and the perfect counters list, I’ve got your back.
Mewtwo is the fifth Legendary Pokemon spawning in Pokemon Go, right after Lugia, Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. We had a great time fighting against these Legendaries, but now it’s time to move forward. Mewtwo is an extremely hard Pokemon to defeat and catch, with high defense and high attack stats, resistant to Fighting and Psychic Type, but weak to 2x Bug, 2x Ghost and 2x Dark.
To make it even harder for the Trainers, Mewtwo uses 2 quick attacks, Psycho Cut and Confusion.
- Psycho Cut – smaller faster attacks, great on offense but very bad on defense.
- Confusion – big slow attacks, great on defense and good on offense.
Now, if you think that Mewtwo is easy, think again, because this will blow your mind away. The above-mentioned attacks are not the only one he has. There are 4 more, 3 as a top tier on offense and defense and the last with a STAB dmg bonus. For those who are not familiar what STAB is “STAB is an acronym for Same Type Attack Bonus. If a Pokemon uses a move that matches one of its types, then the attack gets an x1.2 STAB multiplier.”
- The first and one of the strongest specials is Focus Blast. And it very powerful against Tyranitar, Mewtwo’s biggest weakness. It is a Full bar, 140 power fighting move and will hit like a truck on both offense and defense. Fighting moves are very strong in the current meta as seen with Machamp’s dominance of tier 4 raids and Focus Blast is an awesome fighting move.
- The next attack is Shadow Ball. This is a strong special move with a 2 bar, 100 power Ghost move, great against water and psychic Pokemon. This kind of power is typically seen on bad single bar moves but seeing it on a 2 bar move is incredible.
- The last attack is Hyper Beam. This is also a strong attack with a single bar 150 power Normal move. Rarely going to be the best counter against something but will rarely be a bad choice. This makes it great for clearing gyms!
- Psychic is the last of the specials. It is not a particularly awe inspiring special move as a single bar 100 power move. This move is particularly bad on defense as Tyranitar will shrug it off due to his small brain size.
Pokemon Go Legendary Raid Boss Mewtwo Best Counters List
Mewtwo’s weakness is against 2x Bug, 2x Ghost and 2x Dark Type Pokemon. Check out the video below from the very first Mewtwo Raid in Yokohama, Japan.
- Tyranitar – He is the best and the strongest counter against Mewtwo, with his Dark attacks. The best attack against Mewtwo is Tyranitar’s Bite/Crunch, but Bite/Stone Edge and even Iron Tail/Fire Blast is a great option.
- Mewtwo – Use your Psychic Pokemon against another Psychic Pokemon and Shadow Ball. So far, 2 Tyranitars and a Mewtwo between.
These are the best counters that you can use against Mewtwo. But, you can always experiment and try your luck with one of the following Pokemon:
- Houndoom – Dark/Fire Type Pokemon. A fire move is a great option as well.
- Lugia – Who thought that Lugia can be a great counter against Mewtwo with the Sky Attack?
- Scizor – The best bug-attacker whose skills are great against Hyper Beam and all other forms of Mewtwo. But be careful from the Focus Blast.
- Dragonite – Outrage will work just fine.
I have something very interesting to share with you Trainers. If you don’t have time, or if you are in a hurry, Gengar is the Pokemon you would like to use. You can duo a Psycho Cut/Focus Blast Mewtwo if you each have 12 of them. If Gengar survives 3 Confusions, then he will deal a lot of damage. But, if Gengar dies from 3 Confusions, then good luck. What does this mean? It means you have to be Lvl 32, 15 on both defense and stamina to survive long enough. Or, Lvl 37, 10 on both defense and stamina. You now have one of the best Mewtwo Raid Guide thanks to PokeBattler.
Mewtwo is the first Legendary Pokemon that Trainers will face in Exclusive Raid Battles. But, only the Trainers who will defeat a Raid Boss at the same Gym where the Exclusive Raid Battle will be taking place, will receive an invitation to participate, in advance.
Also, other Pokemon (I don’t have official info what Pokemon is that) will start hatching from the Exclusive Raid Battles Eggs.
For last, Lugia, Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos will be available to battle and catch until August 31.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org