Starting on September 22 (today) at 1:00 PM PDT until October 2 at 1:00 PM PDT, Pokemon Go players can earn x2 Stardust, x3 XP on new Pokedex entries, a new Super Incubator that hatch 1.5x faster, special packages in the shop and 2km Eggs will start hatching Larvitar, Mareep, Chancy and maybe Dratini, Snorlax, Lapras, Magikarp, Pineco, Pichu, Miltank, Skarmory, Aerodactyl and Chinchou. I’m saying maybe because during the Yokohama and Safari Event these Pokemon were hatching from 2km Eggs, so we might see them during Equinox.
Pokemon Go Trainers didn’t have the luck to earn x2 Candy or x2 XP for Hatching Eggs, so the best option is to hatch these 2km Eggs during the event and maximize Stardust. At the end, the only thing that matters is how much Stardust a Trainer will earn for hatching.
A Pokemon Go player Popple06 has made a table that compares how much Stardust is earned per km for different Egg types and you can see it below:
|DISTANCE||MINIMUM STARDUST||MAX STARDUST||AVERAGE STARDUST||STARDUST per KM (normal)||STARDUST per KM (event)|
Focus on hatching 2km special or normal Eggs during the Equinox event and maximize your Stardust.
The event is now live, and the following are in effect until October 2:
- Reward x2 Stardust – including evolved forms
- 40 Stardust for Berry feeding
- Boxes calculations – Special Box: 480 / 3 = 160 coins/incubator, Great Box: 980 / 5 = 196 coins/incubator, Ultra Box: 1480 / 8 = 185 coins/incubator
- The Super Incubator has three uses
- New spawn points are being reported, even more Pokemon to catch