Based on an analysis made by X-lem and posted on SilphRoad’s Reddit, we have a list of the best phones to use when playing Pokemon Go, and what phones to avoid.
A few days ago, X-lem has made a survey to help other people in their choice when it comes down to what is the best phone to upgrade (buy next), in order to have a better PoGo experience.
Based on 400 recommendations, X-lem has come to the final results:
A few general points below
- The newest iPhone and Samsung Models are the best for Pokemon Go.
- Some people have found PoGo (and PoGo +) runs better on iPhone (even older models) than Samsung.
- Some downsides to iPhone (that Samsung doesn’t have) are: fewer options for IV calculators, fewer options for naming Pokemon (lack of keyboards).
Other acceptable models
- OnePlus 5 (or 3 or 3T if you can get one)Lenovo P2.
- Lenovo P2.
- Google Pixel.
- Huawei Honor 8.
- Xiaomi Redmi 4.
Phones to avoid
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (very laggy and slow). So, it’s not the best option.
- Huawei Nexus 6P (not the best battery life).
- Sony Xperia XZ (mixed reviews, but overheating and slowing down).
- HUAWEI P9 (or light) (mixed reviews, but horrible GPS and therefore difficult to do raids).
You can still answer the survey and help the Pokemon Go community.