Based on an analysis made by X-lem and posted on SilphRoad’s Reddit, we have a list of the best phones to use when playing Pokemon Go, and what phones to avoid.
A few days ago, X-lem has made a survey to help other people in their choice when it comes down to what is the best phone to upgrade (buy next), in order to have a better PoGo experience.
Based on 400 recommendations, X-lem has come to the final results:
A few general points below
- The newest iPhone and Samsung Models are the best for Pokemon Go.
- Some people have found PoGo (and PoGo +) runs better on iPhone (even older models) than Samsung.
- Some downsides to iPhone (that Samsung doesn’t have) are: fewer options for IV calculators, fewer options for naming Pokemon (lack of keyboards).
Other acceptable models
- OnePlus 5 (or 3 or 3T if you can get one)Lenovo P2.
- Lenovo P2.
- Google Pixel.
- Huawei Honor 8.
- Xiaomi Redmi 4.
Phones to avoid
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (very laggy and slow). So, it’s not the best option.
- Huawei Nexus 6P (not the best battery life).
- Sony Xperia XZ (mixed reviews, but overheating and slowing down).
- HUAWEI P9 (or light) (mixed reviews, but horrible GPS and therefore difficult to do raids).
You can still answer the survey and help the Pokemon Go community.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!