Niantic, like most companies, is a company that is all about sales. Before putting the product on the market for sale, they create marketing campaigns. Basically, Niantic’s campaign is based on making us people talk about their future products and to be honest, it works every time and it will work this time too.
McDonald’s revealed a new ‘Next Happy Meal Toys’ promotion for October and on the poster below (don’t mind the Hello Kitty) you will see two new Gen 4 Pokemon Dialga and Palkia.
For those who are not familiar with these Pokemon:
- Dialga is a dual Type Steel Dragon Legendary Pokemon from Gen 4 and member of the creation trio of Sinnoh that represents time.
- Palkia is a dual Type Water Dragon Legendary Pokemon from Gen 4, also a member of the creation trio of Sinnoh and represents the space.
The interesting fact is that Chrales (Pokemon Go’s dataminer) discovered the Sinnoh medal in the network traffic back in August:
and don’t get hyped too much but …
badge_pokedex_entries_gen4_title : “Sinnoh”
— Chrales (@Chrales) August 16, 2018
and many Pokemon who have evolutions in Gen 4 were added in Raids.
We think that the Gen 4 will be released next month, most probably as part of the upcoming Halloween event. Niantic might release Gen 4 in stages as they did with Gen 3 in 2017.
Here is our Gen 4 schedule for 2018/2019:
- October ghost evolutions – Mismagius, Dusknoir and Froslass;
- November new Gen 4 ghost Pokemon – Drifloon and Drifblim;
- December new Gen 4 ghost Pokemon – Spiritbomb, one of its kind formed by 108;
- January – We don’t expect to see new evos or Pokemon;
- February Gen 4 love wave pink Pokemon – Cherubi, Happiny, Lickilicky, Mesprit;
For the rest of Gen 4 I expect to see different events throughout the year, each event to bring new evolution or new Gen 4 Pokemon and their shiny forms.
For last, please have in mind that this is just a tease and a hint, 0% confirmed and 0% a leak, but you’re more than welcome to join the HYPE Train!