Trainers, a new month is almost here and we’re looking forward to the upcoming events in Pokemon Go, new cool bonuses and the new “wave” of shiny Pokemon in April.
At the moment of writing, three events are going live in April – two events are officially confirmed and one is a rumor. The two confirmed events are April’s Community Day event and the Global Earth Day event.
April’s Community Day event will bring Bagon as the Special Pokemon, 3h Lures, 3x catch XP, new special move for Salamance and three new shiny forms:
- Shiny Bagon
- Shiny Shelgon
- Shiny Salamance
This event is going live on April 13 from 3:00 PM until 6:00 PM local time.
The second confirmed event is the Global Earth Day event. Here are the details.
- If 2,000 players attend and cleanup, global rewards will be: Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokemon
- If 5,000 players attend and cleanup, global rewards will be: Shiny Diglett + Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokemon
- If 7,000 players attend and cleanup, global rewards will be: 2x Stardust and Candy for Event Spawns/Groudon in Raids + Shiny Diglett + Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokemon
- Event Dates: April 13-28. Bonuses to be unlocked within a 48-hour window from the end of the Earth Day Campaign
- Pokemon Go players can sign up here.
If we reach the 5,000 or 7,000 players goal, we will see two new shiny Pokemon – shiny Diglett and shiny Dugtrio.
The 3-hour Alakazam event is rumored to go live on April 7, featuring:
- 5 Free Raid Passes
- Alakazam as Raid Boss
- Alakazam Shiny Form debut (see image below for comparison)
So that’s total of five confirmed and one “yet to be confirmed” shiny Pokemon in April.
With over 200 shiny Pokemon released so far, how many do you have in your Pokedex? Let us know in the comment section below.